Turkapally, Hyderabad, India
- Advance your career with a growing pharmaceutical company!
- Use your science background to make a positive impact in the lives of others!
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package!
Medipure’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery and bring innovative and safe medication for the treatment of pain, anxiety and skin disorders. We bring novel prescription medicines to market, providing patients with serious conditions valuable solutions that improve quality of life through the development of safe and effective endocannabinoid-based therapeutics.
Through rapid cost-effective product development, by addressing market needs, and establishing strategic partnerships, we seek to maximize the value of our products and provide innovative treatments for targeted diseases. For information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Medipure is rapidly growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Lab Manager R&D to join our team at our new office in Turkapally, Hyderabad, India on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the research taking place in Medipure’s Life Sciences division. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the early operations of a new lab.
Please note you will spend approximately 50% of your time doing lab work, and 50% administrative duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical oversite and in-depth understanding of research and development processes specializing in medicinal chemistry, and drug discovery & development
- Proactively resolving any issues relating to laboratory resources, equipment, or other critical topics in a timely manner
- Ensuring that the laboratory meets a level of GMP/GLP to comply with current regulations
- Ensuring that excellent documentation, controls, and capabilities are in place to maintain data integrity, and ensuring timely and effective actions are taken
- Coordinating requests or recommending resource planning especially as it relates to additional staff and equipment
- Monitoring lab supplies, managing inventory of lab chemicals, and troubleshooting equipment (as needed)
- Identifying, implementing, and managing to ensure continuous improvement in quality, safety, productivity, and staff development
- Ensuring employees are following SOP’s and working to reduce non-conformances
- Conducting regular safety meetings with staff and coordinating weekly inspections with staff
- Accountability for financial performance of the department, identifying variances, and ensuring corrective actions are implemented
- Escalating all safety incidents as established by environmental, health, and safety guidelines and legislation
- Planning and conducting audits and inspections to ensure compliance with local regulations and guidelines, site SOPs, protocols and industry standards
This is a pivotal leadership role where you will also implement the annual business plan including setting objectives and targets, assisting in the development of strategies for integration of new business, and leading smaller special projects. This includes developing strategic plans to ensure continued growth of the department and providing feedback during budgeting (as required).
You will also be responsible for managerial duties such as developing and approving employee schedules, sick time, vacation and leaves, ensuring compliance with operational needs and company policies. This also includes scheduling and determining workload priorities, and following up with lab staff on delegated tasks.
As a technical resource for staff, you will lead and develop staff including setting objectives, evaluating performance and expectations, coaching and mentoring, ensuring adequate training is provided, and assisting in recruitment.
The Ideal Candidate
In order to qualify for this role, you will have an M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Science, Cell Biology, Medicinal Chemistry, or a similar field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, plus a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
You will also possess:
- Experience working with analytical equipment
- Current knowledge of laboratory processes and GLP standards
- Thorough knowledge of equipment/instrumentation for a broad field of lab operations
- An understanding of or experience with the drug discovery process (asset only)
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of programs
- Experience with Microsoft Project (asset only)
- Proficiency in English and Hindi
- Proficiency in Telugu (asset only)
You will do well in this role if you have the ability to work independently and with limited supervision. Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills are essential, as is good time management and prioritization skills. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Above all, you will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to give presentations as required. Strong team building, training, and coaching skills will be the key to your success in this role.
If you want to further develop your skills and build a long-term career with a growing company – Apply Today!
About the Benefits
Upon joining Medipure you will be welcomed into a dynamic and multicultural team. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive annual salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
And that's not all! When you join Medipure, you will have the ability to define your own career path while working with an engaged and excited team.