- Bring your casework skills and OOHC experience to an influential & supportive Not-For-Profit Organisation!
- Attractive remuneration package circa $65,000 - $82,000 plus super and salary sacrificing!
- Enjoy ongoing training & development opportunities plus negotiable Relocation Assistance!
About Biripi ACMC
Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre (Biripi ACMC) is a community-controlled organisation funded by numerous Agencies and levels of Government. Based in Taree, the Centre delivers a range of services in the region, including preventative programs and management of aged care, medical care, chronic disease care, maternal and child health services, home nursing services, social, emotional and well-being services.
Since 1981 Biripi ACMC has encouraged families and the wider community to participate in health promotion activities such as dental check-ups, medical checks and other services. They also help families and individuals to access and participate in Aboriginal community activities, programs and events.
About the Opportunity
Biripi ACMC now has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Caseworker to join their Out of Home Care (OOHC) program in Inverell, NSW. This is a full-time position, with inclusion in an on-call roster for any issues that may occur overnight or on weekends.
Reporting to the Team Coordinator, you will be supporting children in OOHC, promoting their safety, wellbeing, and family or community connections. You'll also be ensuring that services are delivered in line with established policies or procedures, and are compliant with relevant legislation, including Office of Children’s Guardian (OCG) standards.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Placement matching and monitoring existing placements, including home visits and all related support;
- Advocating for each child's rights as per the United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child;
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with relevant agencies, including government and non-government agencies;
- Delivering regular reports on individual cases and other statutory requirements, including reporting of results and supporting recommendations;
- Identifying and actioning hazards, ensuring compliance with relevant WH&S policies and procedures; and
- Identifying, recruiting, training and assessing potential and current carers in line with applicable legislation and quality standards.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in an out of home care environment, with strong casework skills. A Certificate IV in Community Services will be highly regarded, but is not essential provided you are willing to obtain this as part of your first 12 months with Biripi ACMC.
It is essential that you have a sound understanding of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act, and the standards related to the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian.
You will have a demonstrated respect for Aboriginal culture, with the ability to engage and work effectively with Aboriginal people and communities.
Your well-developed interpersonal skills will enable you to communicate confidently and effectively, as you build relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. It's essential that you can tailor your approach as needed, able to identify strengths and build effective relationships with both carers and children.
The ability to work both independently and as part of a small team will be crucial, as will strong computer literacy, including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Please note: You will need a current, unrestricted driver's licence, to hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children clearance.
About the Benefits
Biripi ACMC is an organisation that prides itself on rewarding their staff for their hard work, and as such, offers a range of great benefits.
You will receive an attractive base salary circa $65,000 - $82,000 plus super, negotiable based on your experience and qualifications. As a Not-For-Profit Organisation, they also offer salary sacrificing options up to $15,950. Relocation Assistance is negotiable for the right candidate, to help you get settled in town.
Biripi ACMC offers ongoing training and development opportunities, paying for or otherwise supporting any related courses or training that interest you. You'll get the chance to work with an organisation that makes a real impact to Aboriginal health in the local and wider community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate organisation and make a genuine difference in the lives of vulnerable children - Apply Now.