Fibre Optic Designer
Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Unique opportunity for an experienced Outside Plant Designer to join an industry leader in telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Above average renumeration package plus excellent benefits.
- Family friendly workplace.
- Rewarding, challenging role working on a diverse range of exciting projects.
About the Organization
Our client is a professional services organization focused on telecommunication and network technologies. With over 225 years of experience, they provide a full cycle of services including engineering, consulting, design, project management, procurement, implementation and maintenance on the network infrastructure needs of their clients. The organization has been experiencing tremendous success in managing and maintaining Telco, Industrial and Commercial networks ranging from small projects to working with major multi billion dollar expansion projects.
About Fort McMurray
Fort McMurray is in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB), stretching from north central Alberta to the borders of Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, and is among the largest municipalities in North American rankings, encompassing 68,454 square kilometers. Fort McMurray is the largest city in the Municipality with a population of over 80,000. Best known for its association with the oil sands industry, Fort McMurray is considered to be the heart of one of Canada's major oil production hubs.
Fort McMurray residents have access to seven public indoor sports and fitness facilities, 70 outdoor sports fields, three golf courses, 44 parks, 57 playgrounds and seven tennis courts. The World Health Organization has designated Wood Buffalo as a safe community. State of the art regional health facilities are located in Fort McMurray, with plans for future expansion. The Fort McMurray Public and Catholic School Districts both serve the Primary, Elementary, and Secondary Education needs of students in Fort McMurray. Keyano College is a publicly funded college and vocational institute based in the area. With 130 km of park trails, Fort McMurray is perfect for those who love the great outdoors.
About the Opportunity
Our client has an opportunity for a motivated and dedicated Fibre Optic Designer to join their team in Fort McMurray.
In this highly varied and technical role, you will design the implementation of network Infrastructure projects. You will be working with fibre and copper outside plant cabling and wireless systems.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating, consulting, and providing support on all voice and data cable plant jobs and projects;
- Providing technical solutions to support business needs and providing troubleshooting on technical problems;
- Coordinating the requirements for and delivery of Redlines, As-Built Drawings and work packages;
- Working with drafting personnel to produce and maintain drawings depicting splicing, terminating, and patching information, circuit assignments, and floor plans wall layouts, equipment cabinets, tray layouts, other equipment etc.
- Provide regular stewardship activities;
- Maintaining operational reports, returns, BOM development and material procurement;
- Providing QA/QC on cabling infrastructure;
- Working with contractors to provide field technical support during construction.
We are looking for a Journeyman Communication Technician who has substantial heavy industrial experience and is actively involved in network infrastructure design. Ideally you are a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) with outside plant specialization. We are looking for individuals who have extensive field installation experience.
Having experience with cable designs for large heavy industrial plant sites and large campus environments will ensure your success in this role. We are seeking applicants who have experience with aerial communications cabling design and splicing of fibre in an outside plant environment.
Computer literacy is a must as this role requires someone with strong knowledge with CAD, Microstation, MS Office, and Strand Allocation Management Tools.
The organization is looking for an individual with strong attention to detail and an impressive work ethic. You will also require excellent time management skills and the ability to be involved in all aspects of each project, from concept to completion. Importantly, you will be a hard-working team player with strong organizational and communication skills. You will have the ability to establish and maintain productive internal and external relationships. You will demonstrate a strong "can do" approach to your role.
The company recognizes the importance of a healthy work/life balance for all employees by providing an opportunity for a flexible schedule.
About the Benefits
In reward for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive renumeration package depending on qualifications and experience.
Our client understands employing the right people is vital to their ongoing success, therefore they offer them a wide range of excellent benefits including:
- Cell phone for work purposes;
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plan;
- Two weeks minimum vacation;
- Relocation assistance may be provided.
You will be provided with genuine opportunities for career development and internal advancement by this proactive employer. Opportunities for continued training and development are also supported, promoted, and funded.
Working as an integral member of a dynamic team, you will be encouraged to share ideas and contribute to the growth of the company. This truly is an enjoyable, satisfying role as our client provides a close knit family friendly environment that has a very high retention rate.