Certified Water Wastewater Operators
Stanley, ND and Surrounding Area
- Perfect opportunity for Certified Wastewater Operators looking to advance their careers.
- Excellent remuneration, negotiable upon your qualifications, plus opportunities for advancement.
About the PTI Group USA, LLC
With over 30 years experience, PTI Group USA, LLC is one of North America's largest fully integrated suppliers of remote site services providing temporary and permanent workforce accommodations, food services, facility management, water/wastewater services, and other value-add services to resource industries worldwide. From highly portable fire line camps to 7,000 person oil and gas base camps, PTI Group USA, LLC is an industry leader for turnkey camp services.
Chimo Water & Wastewater
A division of the PTI Group USA, LLC Chimo Water & Wastewater specializes in the development and operation of water and wastewater treatment plants operating in some of the most inhospitable places in the world. Chimo's equipment and operators are frequently deployed to remote locations working in extreme climates.
About the Opportunity
The PTI Group USA, LLC has an excellent opportunity for a number of Certified Wastewater and Water Operators to join its operation in Stanley, ND.
This varied role you will be required to operate and maintain Chimo MBR Wastewater Treatment plants, Water Treatment Plants, and related systems.
Some of your specific duties will include:
- Inspect and monitor water, wastewater and storm systems;
- Read and interpret meters, gauges and other sensing devices to monitor plant operation;
- Operate pumps, valves and equipment;
- Adjust controls to regulate flow coming into the plant and monitor its progress through various processes in the plant;
- Test and adjust chemical feed rates to ensure quality for disinfections, taste, odour and suppressants;
- Take samples of the wastewater from lagoons and wastewater plants;
- Perform routine field tests and interpret results;
- Interpret lab data and ensure all water and wastewater plant operators are kept within compliance of the regulatory agency;
- Monitor and make adjustments to biological processes;
- Keep detailed records of readings and changes in plant operation; and
- Operate computer data acquisition and data control and alarm systems.
The successful applicants will have several years experience working in the water and wastewater field at a technical level. You will possess a Class 2 certification for water/wastewater.
If you have a Wastewater Collection 1 Certificate it will be viewed favourably. Applicants with post secondary education in an Environmental Science discipline will be held in high regard.
It is essential that you possess an understanding of chemical or hazardous materials and emergency response. Ideally you will research and be aware of current relevant legislation, policies, practices, initiatives and guidelines relating to water and wastewater. You will ideally have experience in maintaining environmental, health, and safety management systems.
Importantly, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills. You will have the motivation to work autonomously and be able to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise. This role requires an individual with strong organizational and analytical skills.
You will have strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office suite. Having a working knowledge of computer databases and other records management systems will be an asset.
About the Benefits
The PTI Group USA, LLC is offering a highly competitive remuneration package, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. In addition, PTI Group employees enjoy a wide range of excellent benefits, including...
- Medical, dental and vision coverage;
- Long Term Disability insurance;
- Vacation time provided;
You will enjoy being a part of the PTI Group USA, LLC with the opportunity for growth within the organization. PTI’s five year goal is to go from a $500 million organization to a billion dollar organization. Be a part of the PTI Way which their beliefs are: safety, honesty, teamwork, respect and customer service.