- Rewarding and challenging role perfect for a dedicated counselling professional looking to make a difference!
- Attractive remuneration package + generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $16,050
- Join a supportive team of professionals in Emerald
- Build you career with opportunities to tap into a diverse range of learning, in-service training and professional development options!
About Centacare - Diocese of Rockhampton
Centacare: Diocese of Rockhampton is a large, vibrant and well respected community organisation that provides services across Central Queensland, from Mackay in the north to Bundaberg in the south and west to Emerald. Our primary focus, based on our Christian Ethos and principles of Catholic social justice, is the delivery of compassionate yet professional social services, through education, counselling and community support – to encourage and strengthen individuals, couples and families to continue to develop and grow.
ACCESS Programs partners with organisations to promote positive organisational behaviour, enhance individual well-being and improve workplace productivity. We do this by providing Employee Assistance Programs which include professional counselling and related organisational support services. The aim of this service is to provide counselling services for both work and personal problems that may adversely affect the performance and wellbeing of employees, using short-term, solution focused counselling techniques.
ACCESS Programs help with a wide variety of issues, including:
- Work related problems
- Workplace harassment and bullying
- Personal and work trauma
- Depression / Anxiety
- Relationship difficulties
- Child / Family issues
- Anger problems
- Substance abuse issues
- Financial and gambling issues
- Other work related or personal problems
About Life in Emerald
Emerald is located on the Nogoa River 263 km west of Rockhampton and 909 km from Brisbane (via Rockhampton). It is a typical thriving rural centre with a TAFE college, rural training college, large number of farm machinery sales outlets, huge irrigation dam and an airport. Established in 1879, it has slowly grown to be the major regional centre of the Central Highlands and the gateway to the Central Western district.
The Capricorn hinterland contains the largest sapphire gemfields in the world, and just a short drive through citrus orchards takes you to Lake Maraboon, Queensland's second largest lake.
About the Opportunity
Centacare has an opportunity for a full time Counsellor - Family and Relationship (ACCESS) to join their dedicated Family Relationship Services team in Emerald.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Counselling, you will primarily be responsible for providing counselling to clients using a range of therapeutic interventions and frameworks in accordance to the Family Law Act 1975 (Family Counsellors).
More specifically, your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Demonstrating therapeutic interventions for working appropriately with children and adults;
- Developing, planning and implementing psycho-educational and developmental therapeutic programs for clients and Management staff;
- Providing primary conflict resolution processes and responses to critical stress incidents and to post traumatic stress disorders;
- Promoting ACCESS services to organisations including ACCESS program site inductions and toolbox talks to Centacare ACCESS Contract holders;
- Providing culturally appropriate services and networking with other community agencies and stakeholders; and
- Maintaining files/case notes relating to client assessments, support services and referrals.
This position is based in Emerald with travel required at least once a week to Blackwater and in response to critical incidents within the Rockhampton Diocese as required. As you will be required to travel, a current class C driver's licence and a willingness to travel and undertake some out of hours work is required.
Centacare is seeking a dedicated individual who is genuinely committed to enhancing the quality of life of children, adults and families. You will possess qualifications in Critical Incident Response Defusing and Debriefing, along with a relevant degree or diploma coupled with several years relevant experience, or an equivalent level of experience and expertise in order to effectively undertake the range of responsibilities listed.
You will demonstrate significant knowledge of issues and appropriate responses to clients experiencing domestic and family violence, child abuse and/or self harm. Your knowledge and proven experience in working with children who are experiencing a range of family, social, educational and/or behavioural issues is also essential. In addition, you will have a sound knowledge of relevant legislation and their amendments.
Successful candidates will be required to possess (or be eligible to obtain) a Positive Criminal History Screening Notice and a Working With Children Blue Card with Yellow Card exemption.
It is vital applicants bring professional judgement and a personable communication style to this role. Your experience providing services to a culturally diverse clientele and liaising with staff, the public and other organisations is highly regarded.
To reward your commitment, Centacare will offer an attractive remuneration plus generous salary sacrifice packaging of up to $16,050 to significantly increase your take home pay.
The successful candidate will also enjoy a range of outstanding benefits, including:
- Opportunities to tap into a diverse range of learning and development options that could even include higher education pathways;
- In-service training and professional development (you will receive extensive induction before commencing employment, as well as ongoing development opportunities); and
- Centacare recognises the importance of a healthy work/life balance and supports family friendly practices within the workplace.
This is an extremely satisfying and rewarding role, and you will finish each working day knowing you have improved the lives of others and truly made a difference within the community! Apply now!