Business Development Manager - Vancouver
- Bring your experience in B2B sales to one of the largest travel companies in the world!
- Attractive remuneration package with UNCAPPED earning potential (circa $60,000 - $80,000 OTE in Year One) plus an excellent range of benefits with this Employer of Choice!
- Travel experience not necessary; personality, confidence and sales drive is!!
- The world is your oyster, with opportunities to work overseas.
Everything Flight Centre
Looking for an unbeatable place to work? Flight Centre Limited started with one shop, 27 years ago and have since grown to one of the world latest travel agency groups, with more than 2,000 leisure, corporate and wholesale businesses, extending throughout Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Hong Kong, India, China, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
Flight Centre Limited has been ranked one of Canada's 50 'Best Employers to Work For' in the Globe and Mail's Report on Business Magazine, for the last eight consecutive years (including the number one position in 2002). For four of the last eight years, the organization has been in the top four!!
A new and exciting opportunity awaits you, to join our newest global brand, Corporate Traveller!
About Corporate Traveller
Corporate Traveller focuses solely on the needs of small to medium enterprises (SME) and is known for great service and highly motivated travel experts. Our flexible business model is shaped to match the distinctive needs of our clients, enabling us to better understand travel requirements, offer tailored solutions and build long-term partnerships.
What we're looking for
Based in our Vancouver office (working 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday) as a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for acquiring new travel business within the SME B2B segment, presenting products and services to prospective clients, whilst highlighting the benefits of booking with Corporate Traveller.
- Our ideal candidate does not need to have qualifications in travel, but they do need buckets of ambition and an insatiable appetite for sales.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with business owners, decision makers and managers who book corporate travel.
- Ability to create credibility and trust with clients by listening to their needs and enthusiastically presenting product solutions.
- Ability to construct a strong pipeline, as this is primarily a business development role.
- Strong planning, time management skills and professionalism are also essential for these roles.
- Basic computer and Internet literacy is a must, however if you regularly send and receive emails, visit websites, and can type reasonably quickly (even with two fingers) you'll be just fine.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive, performance-driven UNCAPPED salary package plus commission, with global career advancement and travel opportunities! We expect fully trained BDM's to be earning around $60,000 - $80,000 OTE in the first year!
In addition to your remuneration package, you will be further rewarded with the following fantastic benefits:
- Extended health and dental benefits;
- Laptop and blackberry;
- Free access to their excellent Moneywi$e and Healthwise services;
- A friendly and dynamic team culture, with various Corporate Events (e.g. marathons, corporate games);
- Free financial planning consultations;
- Discount travel benefits available; and
- Global career advancement / travel opportunities.
Finally, as much as we love the frills, we are focused on the factors that keep our team happy - good coffee on tap, job security, and real earning potential that is proven time and time again. For a job that will truly take you places, watch your career take off and join the global Flight Centre force, an unbeatable "Employer of Choice"!