- Attractive remuneration of $80,000 - $90,000 depending on experience.
- Full benefits package, including relocation assistance!
- A great opportunity for a dedicated Database Analyst to take on a challenging, varied role!
About the Organization
Western Forest Products (WFP) is Canadian company specializing in managing timberlands and producing lumber in coastal British Columbia. Supplying over 20 countries worldwide, and headquartered in coastal BC, the company currently has eight sawmills and four remanufacturing plants. WFP activities include timber harvesting, reforestation, lumber and wood chip production, and value-added remanufacturing.
The company has an ongoing commitment to the protection and reservation of the environment and understands the importance of sustainable development of natural resources in our care. In addition, WFP never compromises on providing product and service excellence for all the customers.
WFP employees are a key strength of the organization, and their experience and dedication make Western Forest Products a great place to work!
About the Opportunity
Western Forest Products has an exciting, full-time position available for a Database Analyst to join the team in Nanaimo, BC.
As the Database Analyst, your main responsibility will be to direct, evaluate, and manage database resources and services across the organization while ensuring high levels of data quality. Where required, the Database Analyst will also design, install, and maintain production databases.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Database Administrator to develop database architectures, coding standards, quality assurance policies, and devising long-term goals for production databases;
- Ensuring the stability and reliability of data through ongoing database support/maintenance;
- Analyzing user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction;
- Developing and implementing end-user practices and tools for data extraction, queries, and data manipulation in accordance with business processes;
- Monitoring database system details within the database, implementing efficiency improvements where necessary;
- Creating and documenting models for new database development and/or updating existing ones through data flowcharting;
- Responding to database access and performance issues;
- Advising on the allocation of physical data storage for database systems;
- Performing database transaction and security audits;
- Providing end-user training; and
- Managing and/or providing guidance to junior members of the team.
To qualify for this position, you will need a diploma or degree in Computer Science (or a related field), paired with 5+ years of experience.
In addition, you will join the company with a strong understanding or experience with:
- Database structures, and related theories and principles;
- Sever-client computing and relational database environments;
- Data management and data processing flowcharting techniques;
- Reporting and query tools/practices;
- Designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including the latest versions of SQL Server and Oracle; and
- Hands-on database tuning, troubleshooting experience, and applying data privacy practices and laws.
We are looking for a friendly, highly motivated individual who enjoys team-collaboration. With a strong customer service mindset, you are able to express your ideas in a user-friendly manner using your advanced written and oral communication skills.
The successful applicant will have a keen eye for detail and is driven when it comes to tackling analytical problems in fast-paced environments. Also, you have strong technical documentation skills, and the ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
Please note that you may occasionally be required to work on-call, and lift and transport moderately heavy computer equipment.
If you are a hard-working individual who truly enjoys working with databases, then we'd like to speak with you!
About the Benefits
In return for all your hard work, you will enjoy an attractive remuneration package of $80,000 - $90,000 (depending on experience). Also, you will receive:
- Full benefits;
- Relocation assistance; and
- Three weeks vacation (commencing in 2012).
This is an excellent chance to join a fast-paced, growing company. If you have a passion for growth, personal development and success, we'd love to hear from you - apply now!