Communications & Media Coordinator
- Join a well established peak body dedicated to assisting community service organisations in Victoria's child, youth and family services sector!
- Exciting communications role, coordinating the online and media strategies of this growing organisation!
- Part time hours, providing a great work/life balance!
- Enjoy a competitive salary circa $65,000 (pro rata) + super + salary packaging!
About the Organisation
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare Inc. (the Centre) is the peak body for the child, youth and family welfare sector in Victoria. As the Peak Body, in partnership with our members, we lead the way in promoting best practice in the child, youth and family services sector and advocating for the needs of vulnerable children and families. The Centre provides professional development, research, policy and program advice, publications and resources as well as representation with media, State Government and the community to ensure children, young people and families have access to appropriate services as and when they are needed.
About the Opportunity
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare currently has an exciting opportunity for a Communications & Media Coordinator to join its team in Melbourne. This role is being offered on a part time basis, working 22.8 hours per week.
Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for ensuring a professional and informed media presence and well structured communication strategy for the Centre, in order to support strategies and goals. This will involve driving internal systems and quality, identifying and enacting strategic media opportunities, and broadening membership connectivity through online mediums.
This is an exciting time to begin in this role, as the Centre has recently concluded the first stage of its website re-build, allowing you to further pursue this medium in providing membership communication and engagement strategies.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Creating and editing content, including web pages, blog posts, social media used in the presentation of the Centre’s work and image;
- Tracking feedback and reviewing and implementing strategies to expand the reach of the website across all service areas;
- Facilitating the production, writing and/or editing for all general communications and information materials such as, brochures, promotional materials, Annual Reports, and newsletters whilst ensuring all branding and imaging is in line with the Centre’s style guide;
- Developing communication plans for each major initiative;
- Preparing media releases on issues significant to the work of the Centre and monitoring media activity;
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with respective media outlets; and
- Leading internal systems and strategies to maximise communication effectiveness.
The successful applicant will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in media, communications or equivalent, and will have a proven background working in media / communication roles in the community service or healthcare sector. In addition to your understanding of the media industry and its relationship to the NFP sector, you will have a solid knowledge of the child, youth and family welfare system in Victoria, and an understanding of the issues facing community service organisations in the delivery of services.
The Centre is seeking an applicant with proven experience in successfully managing an organisation's overall media strategy, including media monitoring, media releases, media interviews via television and radio, opinion pieces and the use of new media including video, blogs and other web based functions. You will have exceptional communication, organisational, time management and people management skills, a high level of competence with IT, and the demonstrated ability to manage and respond to organisational change.
In addition, you will demonstrate a strong customer service approach, and the ability to use your excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to network with a wide range of stakeholders and work collaboratively within a small, busy multi-disciplinary team. A current driver's licence is required.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary circa $65,000 (pro rata) plus 9% super. Furthermore, salary packaging may be negotiated in accordance with the Centre's Salary Packaging Policy, which will significantly enhance your take-home pay!
This role involves plenty of task variety and your work will benefit member organisations and the vulnerable children and families they support across Victoria.
You will have the opportunity to really make this communications position your own and drive the organisation forward. Working part time hours, you'll also enjoy a great work/life balance!
If you want to see the results of your hard work benefit people throughout the state, and expand your career horizons within this highly rewarding role, Apply Now!