- Two opportunities to take on a pivotal role where you'll be recognized as a major contributor to the growth of a thriving company!
- Reap the rewards and receive a highly competitive salary package from a leading manufacturing company in the charming city of Lethbridge!
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits plan including extended health and dental!
About the Organization
Lethbridge Iron Works Ltd. is one of the leading jobbing iron foundries supplying iron castings across North America. Founded in 1898, and headquartered in Lethbridge, Alberta, the company has since grown into a 110,000 square foot, modern, production foundry managed on a 7-acre expanse in Lethbridge's industrial park.
Each department of the foundry has been outfitted with state-of-the-art automated equipment to ensure that castings consistently exceed customer specifications. At Lethbridge Iron Works, quality is never compromised, as is evident through their ISO 9001 Certified Quality Assurance Program which ensures that castings consistently meet or surpass customer expectations.
The company is continually looking for ways to improve, and strives to lead and grow in selected markets by serving the needs of present and future customers as efficiently as possible. In 2011, the company proudly accepted the prestigious 2011 AFS Casting of the Year Award from The American Foundry Society.
If you'd like to learn more about Lethbridge Iron Works, please click here.
About the Opportunity
Due to expansion, Lethbridge Iron Works Ltd. has two exciting openings for a Foundry Production Manager (Second Shift), and a Core Room Manager to join their Management team in Lethbridge, AB!
Both roles will report directly to the Vice President of Operations, and will be responsible for ensuring that production and quality & safety goals are achieved in the respective foundry area.
More specifically, the Foundry Production Manager will be responsible for ensuring that production and quality & safety goals are achieved in the melting, pouring and molding areas of the foundry. The Core Room Manager will play a similar role to the Foundry Production Manager, but will oversee that goals are achieved in the Core Room.
In either of these key roles, you will:
- Monitor overtime and expenses, ensuring your budget is managed efficiently;
- Ensure accurate rate control and inventory control on products and supplies in order to maintain standards for production and quality;
- Ensure projects are completed as scheduled in the area;
- Control and monitor product scrap and material disposal;
- Identify and analyze work problems and recommending process improvements;
- Ensure departmental compliance with OH&S Acts and Codes, and Employment Legislation;
- Conduct Hazard Assessments and daily workplace walk-through inspections;
- Generate performance targets, downtime and individual performance rates charts;
- Train/develop supervisor and production employees, ensure employees are cross-trained to meet current and future production requirements, and provide direction to employees regarding work orders and quality procedures;
- Conduct monthly toolbox meetings; and
- Perform Human Resources activities such as hiring and promotions.
To qualify for these leadership roles you will need:
- A post secondary education in a technical or business field
- 5 years of Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working in a Foundry would be considered an asset
We are looking for a professional with proven leadership abilities and strong time management skills. Ideally, you will have previous experience management projects including the installation of new equipment and processes. You’ll be at a definite advantage if you are mechanically minded and have the superior interpersonal skills required to liaise with various stakeholders, including the Management and Maintenance team, and other employees.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please read on about why Lethbridge Iron Works Ltd. is a great place to work!
About the Benefits
Upon joining the company, you will receive a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan. In exchange for all your hard work, you can look forward to taking advantage of the employee benefits program at Lethbridge Iron Works Ltd. which includes:
- Group Insurance Plan (including Life, Dependent Life, Short/Long term Disability, Extended Health, and Dental)
- Enrollment into the company Pension Plan
- Opportunity to participate in a group RRSP plan
Better yet, you will be joining a dedicated group of motivated individuals who take pride in their work. The Lethbridge Iron Works team strives to create an inclusive, supportive team culture where your contributions are always valued.
If you're ready to take on a new leadership role with a recognized company, we want to speak with you! Apply today!