Ranger - Team Leader
- Perfect role for a Ranger, with ongoing training and opportunities for career progression provided!
- Varied and rewarding role in the Local Government sector with great job stability!
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance, working 38 hours per week over a 9 day fortnight!
- Attractive salary circa $57,400 - $62,800 plus super (dependent on qualifications & experience)!
- Government mobile and vehicle (business purposes) will be supplied!
About the Organisation
Goulburn Mulwaree Council is composed of nine elected Councillors and a staff of over 300.
While Council endeavours to ensure Goulburn and its surrounds is an appealing destination for tourists and to attract business investment to the area, their primary objective is always to provide the best possible service to the residents of Goulburn Mulwaree area.
Goulburn Mulwaree Council is committed to Staff Development and provides an Equal Employment Opportunity environment.
Situated in the scenic Southern Tablelands of New South Wales, just an hour from Canberrra Goulburn Mulwaree Council covers an area of 3,232 square kilometres and is home to 27,277 people. Its strategic location on the Sydney-Canberra corridor provides a unique blend of city facilities and a country lifestyle.
Goulburn Mulwaree’s diverse industry base and stable workforce provide the region with a resilient economic foundation for sustainable growth and a remarkable record of stability. The wide ranging commercial and professional sectors more than adequately service the needs of the community.
About the Opportunity
Goulburn Mulwaree Council has an exciting opportunity for a Ranger - Team Leader to join their dynamic team in Goulburn.
Working as part of the Planning & Community Services team, and reporting to the Manager Environmental Services, you will be responsible for the operation and management of the Companion Animal Facility and monitoring programs, inspections and investigations relevant to the Companion Animals Act, Local Government Act, Impounding Act, POEO Act and Australian Road Rules.
More specifically, some of your duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising the day to day operation of Ranger Services general duty functions;
- Managing and operating the Companion Animal Facility at Ross Street;
- Rostering staff to ensure all functional areas (Parking, Pound & General duties) of the division are routinely monitored;
- Assisting in the review and implementation of the Companion Animal Management Plan;
- Ensuring that Department of Local Government and statutory reporting obligations under the Companion Animals Act are met;
- Monitoring and reviewing Petregister data and ensuring Petregister data is entered in a timely manner;
- Developing and implementing companion animal education programs;
- Developing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensuring compliance with SOP’s; and
- Ensuring safe work practices are maintained at all times.
To be successful in this role, you will possess a Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services), along with extensive demonstrated experience as a Ranger in Local Government Law Enforcement. You'll also require proven experience in managing an animal handling facility, in large livestock and companion animal handling, and in supervising a multidisciplinary team of Rangers.
In addition, you will possess exceptional customer service skills, highly developed verbal and written communication skills and strong computer skills, particularly in the use of databases.
A current C Class drivers licence is a must in this role. Whilst not essential, demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of education programs and the preparation of legal briefs and court attendance will be highly regarded. The authority to implant microchips will also be viewed favourably.
About the Benefits
Goulburn Mulwaree Council is offering the successful candidate a attractive salary circa $57,400 - $62,800 plus super (dependent of qualifications and experience), NSW Local Government (State) Award Grade 9-11. You will enjoy a great work/life balance working 38 hours a week over a 9 day fortnight, with some weekend work required on a rotating roster.
This role offers a supportive team environment where the successful candidate will benefit from ongoing training as well as professional and personal development opportunities. In addition, a government mobile phone and vehicle (business purposes) will be supplied!
Closing date for applications will be COB 21 May 2012. If you have any further questions, please contact Elise Raftery on (02) 4823 4446.
Please provide 200 word minimum answers. This is your chance to prove you meet the selection criteria, so please do not write "refer to CV".
Please note: Attach one document only with your cover letter and CV.