Heavy Duty Mechanics
Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Are you tired of long days, time spent away from your family and unpleasant working conditions in the oil and gas industry?
- This role offers a 3 day weekend, every weekend and pleasant indoor working environment!
- Enjoy a highly attractive hourly rate of $38.27 per hour!
- Great benefits, including: Medical, Life, Disability, Pension Plan.
- Relocation assistance available to the right candidates!
- Work in the vibrant city of Grande Prairie - a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts!
About the Organization
Since 1952, AinsworthEngineered, has been providing North America as well as international manufacturers and builders with quality wood engineered products for all their demanding project needs. The full range of products includes oriented strand board, oriented strand lumber, and specialty overlaid panels.
With innovative manufacturing facilities located in BC, Alberta and Ontario, the company goes to great lengths to ensure their plants are strategically located in timber-supply regions, where fibre needs can be met by long-term timber tenure and supply agreements.
The company is expanding and is continually searching for new ways to improve its product lines and technologies.
About Grande Prairie
Grande Prairie is a vibrant city located in the Northwestern part of Alberta, in the heart of the Peace Region. It is the largest city north of Edmonton, located just 4 hours from the capital city. With over 55,000 people, great medical services, and providing the perfect backdrop for outdoor enthusiasts, there’s something for everyone here in Grande Prairie!
About the Opportunity
AinsworthEngineered is searching for 2 experienced Heavy Duty Mechanics in Grande Prairie, AB.
You will be responsible for carrying out skilled journeyman level work. This will involve:
- Performing hands on maintenance and repairs of all equipment (mainly John Deere and Caterpillar equipment);
- Diagnosing electrical, mechanical and hydraulic troubles;
- Making repairs according to the manufacturers specifications;
- Assisting apprentices and other employees with helping them develop the skills of the trade.
You are eligible to apply if you are a certified Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic. It will be considered an asset if you have previous experience in stores purchasing, with exposure to performing parts inventory.
Excellent mechanical knowledge and the ability to carry out all aspects of heavy duty repairs is essential, as is being physically and mentally fit and being capable of the demands of the job.
As a skilled individual with initiative, diligence and reliability, you also have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
About the Benefits
You will be rewarded with an attractive hourly rate of $38.27 per hour. In addition to your salary, at AinsworthEngineered, you will receive the following excellent benefits:
- 100% paid benefits - Medical, Life, Disability
- Production-based bonuses
- Ainsworth pension plan
- Relocation assistance (Paid for move and up to 2 months of temporary accommodations)
- Availability for overtime
- 3 day weekends
- 3-weeks vacation to start
In addition, you will enjoy working with a stable company that puts a great emphasis on safety. In this non-unionized role, you can look forward to joining an inclusive team environment that will support you through continued learning opportunities.
If you're looking for a new challenge with an open, accountable employer, where you can utilize your skills, this is an opportunity that you cannot miss out on - Apply Now!