Belle Chasse, Louisiana
- A pivotal member of our team managing various projects.
- A career defining role for a leader in the Operations field.
- Enjoy an attractive compensation package with opportunities for bonuses PLUS an iPhone, and laptop!
About the Organization
Since its inception in 1991, General Marine Leasing has designed, fabricated, staffed, and managed a complete line of portable work force accommodations, auxiliary equipment, and support services available for sale or lease to customers in the oil, gas, and industrial industries.
Headquartered in Belle Chasse LA and with operations facilities in Broussard, LA, General Marine Leasing is committed to providing their customers with the highest quality and most cost effective solutions for both onshore and offshore sites.
About the Opportunity
General Marine Leasing has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join their team in Belle Chasse, Louisiana.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, you will review assigned projects and provide cost effective project plans based on compliance with established company standards and customer specifications.
Specifically, you will:
- Assist in the preparation of new design with design schedules, details, and layouts for production of units;
- Track budget and productivity analysis for the costs of the project contract;
- Coordinate the field installation;
- Provide project cost tracking actual vs. estimated through the project schedule;
- Interact with company accounting for invoice review and approval;
- Prepare RFI’s, submittals and change order tracking;
- Review and check all drawings prior to submittal and/or release to manufacturing for accuracy and compliance with sales order and job specifications;
- Resolve field and/or manufacturing problems when necessary;
- Schedule and manage assigned projects for timely completion;
- Provide one-on-one training and feedback to staff and oversee the project team as needed;
- Research, maintain, and design build ABS and Coast Guard specifications;
- Travel to job or customer sites when necessary for bids/quotes;
- Ensures all safety rules and procedures are followed.
Ideally, you are equipped with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management preferred, or at minimum, 5 years’ experience in offshore/commercial project management.
This role requires a self starter who has strong organizational, communication, and time management skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage and motivate a diverse team to meet scheduling requirements and company goals. Knowledge of operations and project management (including inventory control and production scheduling) is essential, as is an understanding of information management systems, business and financial aspects of corporation. Proficiency with computers, particularly with AutoCAD, Auto Desk Inventor and MS Office software is essential. The ability to travel to job sites and stay out of town on assignments is required.
Above all, you are an approachable people person who is able to interface directly with cross-functional teams and build/maintain lasting relationships with other departments and key business partners.
About the Benefits
General Marine Leasing is offering a highly competitive remuneration package, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. In addition, General Marine Leasing employees enjoy a wide range of excellent benefits, including...
- Medical, dental and vision coverage;
- Long Term Disability insurance;
- Vacation time provided;
You will enjoy being a part of General Marine Leasing with the opportunity for growth within the organization. General Marine Leasing is committed to employing and retaining highly skilled personnel who are committed to excellence in their field and that will continuously strive to make General Marine Leasing the premier choice of portable workforce accommodation providers in the United States and abroad.