- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Millwright or Apprentice Millwright looking to join a global market leader.
- Generous benefits package including a computer purchase program, pension plan, and educational assistance.
- Join a company who truly values its staff and provides pizza and BBQ lunches throughout the year.
About the Organization
EWOS Canada Ltd. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fish feeds in North America and is a subsidiary of CERMAQ AS, the Norway-based global salmon farming and feed producer. EWOS’ global facilities are located in Norway, Chile, Canada, and Scotland.
Employing nearly 700 employees at its four locations and approximately 75 employees in its Surrey, BC manufacturing facility, EWOS Canada has over 26 years of expertise in the industry.
As a forward-looking organization, EWOS is always researching new ways to develop industry-leading practices.
About the Opportunity
Currently, EWOS Canada has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Millwright or Apprentice Millwright to join their 24-hour facility in Surrey, BC.
This role will be Monday to Friday with 8-12 hour shifts.
In this varied role, your main responsibility will be to independently troubleshoot machine problems and devise solutions.
More specifically, this will involve:
- Identifying and correcting any problems found in machines, equipment or processes in order to facilitate production;
- Maintaining, repairing and overhauling plant production equipment, building and grounds;
- Providing quick response to trouble calls by shift supervisors and or operators/technicians;
- Assisting Operating Engineers in maintenance of plant utilities;
- Performing preventive maintenance and improvements or modifications to production equipment;
- Supporting projects including working on a project team in the design, installation and commissioning;
- Maintaining complete & accurate records of shift logs, maintenance inspections and meter readings;
- Ensuring smooth, efficient communication to the next team at shift changes;
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks;
- Participating collaboratively in process improvement teams as required; and
- Any other duties as assigned.
If you are a team-player with a 'roll your sleeves up' attitude, this could be the job for you.
To be successful you must have a thorough understanding of Industrial Mechanics, WCB Regulations, and safe work practices with a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
Experienced Millwrights must have an Industrial Mechanic ticket and Apprentices must be enrolled in a recognized Apprenticeship program. 2-5 years' working experience within an industrial setting is required.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive hourly salary based on experience.
In addition, EWOS Canada is offering a range of excellent benefits after you’ve completed your first 3 months of employment. These benefits include:
- 100% company paid Dental, Extended Health, and Vision plans;
- 100% company paid Life Insurance plan, Short Term Disability plan, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment plan;
- 100% company paid MSP;
- RRSP matching, up to 6%;
- 100% Education Assistance for approved courses;
- Yearly boot allowance.
This is a career role that will suit candidates seeking a secure, long-term opportunity. Best of all, you will be welcomed into a supportive and dynamic organization, committed to providing its employees with stable work conditions, with a strong focus on safety.
This is the perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, skilled professional looking to work in a friendly and supportive environment.
If you are a reliable and flexible individual and in good health, looking to join an industry leader and become part of a vibrant team culture, this is the role for you!