- Bring your shipping/receiving experience to this role working with an industry leader!
- Attractive hourly rates plus benefits!
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
About the Organization
Foremost is one of the largest, most geographically diverse industrial manufacturers in Western Canada, specializing in oil & gas, heavy oil, mining, waterwell and construction equipment. With more than 640,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 1000 employees across Alberta, Foremost is well positioned to meet and exceed clients’ expectations. For more information about Foremost, visit www.foremost.ca/about
About the Opportunity
Foremost is seeking a full time Yard Shipper/Receiver with Foremost Lloydminster North in Lloydminster, AB. You will be responsible for shipping, receiving, and recording the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from their site. Please note this position usually works outside in the yard which may be noisy or hot/cold. You will also spend most of your time on your feet and may be routinely lifting items weighing up to 25 kg.
Specifically, you will:
- Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping (prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices and other shipping documents manually or by computer)
- Assemble containers and crates, record contents, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions;
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyance;
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods;
- Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas;
- Comply with the transportation of dangerous goods legislation;
- Keep accurate records of items received and where they were stored, retrieve stored items, and trace lost shipments as needed;
- Conduct regular safety inspections, maintain safe working conditions, report safety hazards, and ensure safety equipment is in good working order;
- Ensure that the manifest matches the materials and that all paperwork is with the loads when sending out materials.
Along with previous experience in shipping and receiving, you have strong organizational skills. You must be physically fit and have a valid driver’s license. Experience in a related industry would be highly desirable.
Foremost offers all employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.