Hydraulic Design Engineers
Richmond, BC, Edmonton & Calgary, AB, Toronto, ON
- Take on your next challenge! Exciting opportunity for an experienced Hydraulic Design Engineer to join this industry leader!
- Enjoy working in a historically stable industry with an innovative engineering team!
- Attractive salary of $70,000 - $90,000 plus excellent benefits including Employee Profit Sharing and numerous staff functions!
About the Organization
Wainbee Limited is a leading provider of technical and supply chain solutions for the automation and control industry. With over 56 years of experience, we employ over 190 employees in 13 locations across Canada.
Wainbee is 100 percent employee-owned, and currently has more than two-thirds of its employees as shareholders, which is reflected in how we value our people and how we support them. Above all, the total experience of working at Wainbee - benefits, culture and opportunity for growth - is what makes us a truly unique company. A company where you can thrive and be successful.
To learn more about Wainbee Ltd., please visit http://www.wainbee.com/
About the Opportunity
Currently, Wainbee is hiring Hydraulic Design Engineers to join the team in Richmond, BC, Calgary & Edmonton, AB and Toronto, ON
In this varied role, your main responsibility will be to provide accurate and timely quoting, design, fabrication, delivery and commissioning of fabricated units and assemblies.
More specifically, on a daily basis, you will:
- Answer application and product inquiries from customers and staff in defined product areas in a timely manner;
- Design systems and prepare quotations for Outside Sales Representatives including engineering drawings where required;
- Receive and prepare systems orders for manufacturing including sourcing components;
- Act as inside coordinator on assigned projects, completing them on schedule and within budget;
- Provide on-site customer assistance during warranty period and on a contract basis post warranty;
- Enter systems orders into production schedule, review schedule on a weekly basis and advise Outside Sales Representatives of any changes;
- Provide start up and commissioning services where contracted;
- Maintain job and as-built engineering drawing files;
- Prepare service manuals;
- Assist in staff and customer training sessions and at trade shows where necessary; and
- Follow and promote safe work practices at all times.
To qualify for the role, you must possess a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a Technology Diploma, along with 5-10 years of related experience. In addition, candidates are required to have AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks experience. It will put you at an advantage if you have project management certifications or experience and knowledge of Parker Hannifin products.
We invite you to apply if you have excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal situations since you will be required to liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders as you provide quotes to internal teams and work with external clients.
In addition to these qualifications, you would be a perfect fit if you enjoy exercising your interpersonal skills while working in a client-facing role. If you are a detail-oriented individual who can work effectively alone or within a team, then read on to see why Wainbee is a great place to work!
About the Benefits
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate! In exchange for all your hard work and determination, you can look forward to earning an attractive salary, plus a wide range of excellent benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance;
- Pension Plan;
- Profit Sharing;
- Company cell phone and laptop;
- Professional development encouraged and subsidized on a case-by-case basis; and
- Relocation assistance (considered for outstanding candidates).
That's not all! You will be welcomed into an employee-owned company where excellence, teamwork, and ownership are core beliefs and values. Wainbee employees take pride in the acquired talent and expertise of its people and staff actively share technical knowledge and experience.
Plus, working within this friendly environment, you will enjoy being part of an open, supportive, team-oriented culture which often hosts social events such as BBQ’s, holiday parties, shareholder meetings, and supplier events.
Working at Wainbee is more than just a job, it’s a career – Apply Now!