Health Care Aide
- Great opportunity, delivering personal support to clients in Calgary!
- Generous remuneration package plus benefits!
- Perfect position for students looking for a part-time position!
About the Organization
Retire-At-Home has over 15 years of experience providing a wide range of Personal Home Care Services in the Calgary, Alberta area to individuals who are dealing with health concerns that affect their independence. Our goal is to give our clients the independence to stay at home for as long as they wish.
As a proudly Canadian company with an in-depth knowledge of the Canadian health care system, we have been accredited by Accreditation Canada to acknowledge that we meet national standards for the Personal Home Care Services we provide.
Retire-At-Home and its owners have won many awards for quality of service, business ethics and community leadership.
For more information about Retire-At-Home, please visit http://retireathomecalgary.com
About the Opportunity
Currently, RAH Calgary has several openings for part-time Health Care Aides to join the team in Calgary, AB!
Reporting to the Client Care Manager, you will provide in-home care and assistance to your assigned clients and identify/respond to issues affecting client safety.
On a regular basis, you will:
- Perform personal care including administering medication, bathing, hair care, mouth and denture care, dressing, assisting with toileting, etc.;
- Perform housekeeping duties, including dusting, vacuuming, laundry, changing bed linens, etc.;
- Prepare meals with or without client’s assistance (must adhere to dietary restrictions of client) and ensure the cleanly upkeep of the refrigerator;
- Ensure paper work is up-to-date, including timesheets, detailed client files, and Care Plans; and
- Accompany client to appointments and help with pet care.
In addition to having a certificate to prove your level of education and experience, you must also have previous experience in the healthcare field.
To qualify, we also require you to have the following:
- Yearly CPR Certificate;
- Yearly Flu Shot;
- Criminal Record Check (no older than 6 months); and
- 3-year TB test.
You will be a good fit for the role if you have strong interpersonal skills and are able to work under pressure.
We invite you to apply if you are a caring and patient individual who is keenly committed to the client’s health and well being at all times.
Read on to see why Retire-At-Home is the place for you!
About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work and determination on the job, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, depending on experience.
In addition you can look forward to fantastic benefits:
- Flexible working hours for part-time candidates;
- Vacation – paid out
- Training provided
- Future opportunities available for candidates with a higher level of training/certification
In addition you can look forward to taking part in special company events and celebrations including birthdays.