Technical Product Specialist
- Outstanding growth opportunity for an experienced Software Development Leader interested in developing their skills as a Product Owner on a Technical Product Management Team
- Take your career to the next level with a growing software company with the opportunity for career advancement
- Enjoy a competitive compensation structure, including a comprehensive benefits package
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in Alabama, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to our success within the industry.
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join their Product Management team as a Technical Product Specialist in Victoria, BC.
You will be responsible for investigating and analyzing customer and market data to identify and document market issues. More specifically, you will:
- Produce and develop requirements specifications for software development teams
- Work with software product development leads and teams to plan and implement software development projects
As your product and industry experience expands, you will also have the opportunity to support the sales channel as a corporate representative and product expert.
To qualify for this role, the successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field;
- 2 - 3 years of hands-on industry experience in software Product Development.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Previous experience investigating and analyzing customer and market data to identify and document market issues;
- Previous experience producing and developing requirements specification for software development teams;
- Previous experience working with software product development leads and teams to plan and implement software. development projects.
Although not essential, the following are considered an asset:
- Previous experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing;
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD systems;
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and processes such as Scrum;
- Interest in international travel.
This role is well suited to a strong communicator (verbal, written, and presentation), who is also to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, work effectively in demanding situations and maintain positive working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds. With demonstrated aptitude for software and technology, you must also have the capacity to work independently toward high level objectives.
Lastly, you must be willing to relocate to Victoria, BC and have a valid Canadian work permit.
The challenging nature of the work combined with the ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI such a rewarding experience. If you strive for excellence and enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment, consider joining SSI today!
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment;
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance;
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more);
- Weekly onsite yoga classes;
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives.
Upon joining SSI, the successful incumbent can expect to receive a competitive remuneration package plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision;
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Profit Sharing Plan;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!