West Kelowna, BC
- Join one of BC's premier wineries!
- Multiple opportunities available for talented Line Cooks in the beautiful Okanagan Valley!
- Highly attractive remuneration structure + subsidized staff accommodation and meals!
Welcome to Quails' Gate
Located in the picturesque Okanagan Valley, we are one of British Columbia’s premier wineries. As a popular destination for visitors and residents, we are dedicated to delivering a uniquely Canadian winery experience, everyday.
Recently we proudly celebrated 25 years of winemaking and credit our success to the dedicated team who share our passion for great food, exceptional wine and even better company. At Quails' Gate, our philosophy is simple – we loving having guests.
Perched on the slopes of the Boucherie Mountain Bench with spectacular views of Lake Okanagan, our Old Vines Restaurant is an all-seasons culinary destination. Under the direction of Culinary Director Roger Sleiman, all of our ingredients are sourced from surrounding fields and pastures. Our sustainable farm-to-table approach ensures that we deliver spectacular seasonal menus that are paired perfectly to showcase our award-winning Estate Wines.
If you love food and wine and share our passion for genuine hospitality, we want you on our team. Please read about the opportunity below or visit our website www.quailsgate.com
About the Opportunity
To support our busy summer season, we are currently seeking multiple Line Cooks to join our team in West Kelowna, British Columbia.
This is a seasonal contract from May 2016 until October 2016, with some flexibility. Opportunities for permanent employment exist post season.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Food preparation and line setup;
- Direct preparation of meals at hot and cold stations; and
- Kitchen organization and communication.
If you are passionate about the culinary arts and have an outgoing, positive and approachable attitude - this is an ideal opportunity for you! For this role, we are seeking candidates who have:
- Completed a relevant culinary program (in Canada or abroad);
- At least one year of Line Cook experience (preferably in fine dining establishment); and
- Food Safe Level 1 certificate.
The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high energy environment is essential. As such, candidates who can multi task and work in a time efficient manner will do well in this role.
What we can offer you!
At Quails' Gate, we know that our success is determined by the hard working, dedicated and passionate team. Collectively, we are extremely proud of what we do.
Upon joining us, you will be warmly welcomed into our friendly and supportive family-like environment. You can also expect to receive a highly attractive wage plus gratuities, to commensurate with your experience, skills and qualifications.
Of course, we also want to our team to be able to experience the same quality wine and produce that our guests enjoy. As such, we are happy to provide:
- Exclusive staff discounts on wine;
- Comfortable, on-site staff accommodation (subsidized);
- Provision of free staff meals (while on-shift); and
- Recognition of your hours if you are working towards your Red Seal certification.
Still want to see what it's really like to work with us? Watch our video below:
Don’t miss this unique and exciting opportunity to grow your career and work with some of the best in the business. APPLY TODAY!