- Take your IT career to the next level with one of Canada's favourite and most trusted travel brands, Flight Centre!
- Perfect opportunity for an analytical yet personable professional to join an industry leader!
- Attractive remuneration package with an excellent range of unbeatable benefits with an award winning Employer of Choice!
Everything Flight Centre
Looking for an unbeatable place to work? Flight Centre Limited is a global company that has been around for 27 years, still expanding, and looking for talented people to grow with them. The organization is continually recognized as one of Canada's best employers because they know their people are their most valuable asset. Flight Centre Limited employees are passionate about their work, their customers, and their future success. Attracting a broad range of people, our environment would be described as competitive yet supportive.
Flight Centre Limited has been ranked one of Canada's 50 'Best Employers to Work For' in the Globe and Mail's Report on Business Magazine, for the last eight consecutive years - including the number one position in 2002. For four of the last eight years, the organization has been in the top four.
The Flight Centre Limited careers network reaches across ten countries and employs 13,000 people. With Flight Centre Limited you can have a career that can take you all over the world!
What we're looking for
Flight Centre is seeking a talented UI/UX Designer/Developer who is interested in helping design and build the customer-facing front end.
In this hands-on role, and as part of our E-Commerce Development Team, your main duty will be to design and implement responsive front ends for our web applications. This is a full-time role based in our Downtown Toronto office. There is no opportunity to work from home.
Working from Toronto, you will be required to:
- Collaborate with Product Owners, and Developers to design user experiences that balance the users’ needs with business goals;
- Gather requirements for the User Experience and interfacing to backend systems;
- Create prototypes, flow diagrams, wireframes, and mockups;
- Design the interactive behavior and professional appearance of the client system;
- Coordinate with graphic designers to establish requirements and integrate the resulting efforts into the user interface.
To be successful, you must have the following:
- 4+ years experience in UX Design;
- Experience coordinating between users, customers, and developers to make the ideal interface a reality; and
In addition to familiarity with standard programming concepts, practices, and procedures, you will need excellent communication and problem-solving abilities. If you can work in a fast paced environment while adhering to deadlines on multiple projects, you would be a good fit for the role.
Lastly, we are searching for an individual who is able to, and passionate about learning new technologies quickly.
Do you think you have what it takes, and you value collaboration, innovation, and consistent excellence? Then apply now!
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, which also includes incentives and bonuses. You will have the opportunity to participate in global career advancement and travel opportunities!
Finally, Flight Centre offers its staff award-winning, world renowned benefits, including:
- Discounted travel and access to excellent incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free health advice and financial planning consultations
- RRSP Matching and a Pension Plan
- Social events that are the envy of the industry
- Career progression scheme including global career opportunities
- Fantastic supportive team culture
- Participation in global conferences
You will be employed by a company that takes pride in their employees and offers a team culture like no other in the industry. For a job that will truly take you places, watch your career take off and join the global Flight Centre force, an unbeatable employer of choice!