Senior Java Programmer and Senior End-to-End Oracle Forms Developer
- Are you an ambitious, experienced programmer looking for your next challenge?
- Take on this exciting opportunity to join a leader in the construction and trade software market!
- Enjoy a highly competitive salary, healthy work/life balance and a range of other fantastic benefits!
A Short History...
The Plexxis Drywall Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software maximizes the profit and efficiency of wall & ceiling contractors through expert consulting and a drywall estimating software that unites digital takeoff, costing, construction management, mobile applications and accounting solutions into a single, sophisticated - yet simple system.
Established in 1999, the Plexxis team is a creative group of 'next generation' software developers, programmers, network/computer engineers and brand development specialists. Working initially with top drywall experts to create a estimating, job costing and accounting solutions, the small team succeeded in increasing the efficiency of estimators by 300% and eliminating up to 91% of payroll prep time. It paid off! Between 2002 and 2005, Plexxis had doubled their client base and since 2005, they have grown their client base by over 3,500%
Where is Plexxis now...
Plexxis evolved into a group of companies dedicated to maximizing profit and efficiency for their clients.
- Plexxis Software provides custom adaptable software that maximizes profit and efficiency.
- Plexxis Technologies offers managed IT services, network security, CCTV and VoIP phone services.
- Plexxis Innoventions creates "Innovative Inventions" that maximize profit and efficiency, the first of which is the Mobile HandPunch.
Today, we employ a group of over 40 hard working employees with roughly 60% of them making up the programming department.
About the Opportunities
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of construction and trade software? Currently, Plexxis has two senior positions open on its programming team:
- Senior End-to-End Oracle Forms Developer
- Senior Java Programmer
Senior End-to-End Oracle Forms Developer
In this pivotal, you will be creating software programs that confirm Plexxis as the global leader in ERP construction solutions. You will participate in all phases of our software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of programs and applications.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, and collaborating with a team of like-minded and driven experts, you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Learn all aspects of the Plexxis ERP system;
- Work collaboratively with designers, programmers, internal and external customers. Analyze business requirements and opportunities to create optimal value throughout all Plexxis solutions;
- Design, develop, test, optimize and implement programs within the Oracle RDBMS including user interfaces, external application & data source integration and printed outputs/reports;
- Follow best practices and make recommendations on how products and services should be utilized to optimize customer value;
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects;
- Analyze available information, applying experience and systems knowledge to maintain, analyze, diagnose, identify and implement solutions to meet or exceed customer requirements;
- Perform maintenance, programming and correction as required; and
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced developers.
To apply for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management/Computer Information Systems, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Development experience utilizing ERP systems and database design;
- Exceptional skills utilizing SQL, PLSQL and creating Oracle forms and reports;
- Working knowledge of the basics of general accounting principles including AR/AP/GL/Payroll; and
- Experience creating form GUIs.
It will put you a step ahead of the rest if you have Oracle Certification (OCP), however it is not required.
You would be a good fit for the role if you are an extremely organized and analytical person who excels at problem solving. As a self-motivated, constructive person, you will build lasting relationships with coworkers and help foster a positive environment.
If you enjoy mentoring junior developers, and have an ingrained drive for excellence, then we invite you to apply!
Senior Java Programmer
This is an exciting new opportunity that will involve extensive research, tools assessment, development, testing and application deployment.
As a Senior Java Programmer with Plexxis Software, you will become a critical member of our Research & Development team as we embark on building new applications supported in the Java ecosystem. You will bring an extraordinary depth of experience to a team of innovative and committed professionals.
Using your highly developed skill set and enthusiasm for creating leading-edge solutions well ahead of the competitive, you will focus on completing these regular duties and responsibilities:
- Research and evaluate software tools, processes and techniques to improve product quality and team effectiveness;
- Works with Chief Development Officer to align features, processes and technologies across the product;
- Develop Pluggable Java Components for use with Oracle Forms;
- Develop, test, debug, document and maintain the Java core services, models and processes that support the application;
- Create robust high-volume production applications;
- Develop and document innovative and implementable SW and DB designs that satisfy complex product requirements; and
- Communicate status on regular basis with team leads and co-workers.
To apply for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- Relational database development including SQL programming - preferably in an Oracle database environment;
- Minimum 8-10 years successful hands-on experience in Java and J2EE technologies including EJB, Web Services and Pluggable Java Components (PJCs);
- Proficiency in GUI Design using Java;
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic; and
- A “do whatever it takes attitude”, dedication to quality, ability to work independently and on a team and thorough attention to detail.
In addition to the qualifications/skills above, the following will be advantageous, however not mandatory requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science;
- Object Oriented Design;
- Java certification;
- Oracle forms programming;
- Oracle Developer or Net Beans Experience;
- Strong communication skills with both internal technical team and customer-facing personnel; and
- Experience developing robust enterprise Java applications.
What’s it like working at Plexxis?
We are a hard working team of collaborative programming experts. The dress is casual, but our commitment to quality is not. The Plexxis working environment is a social one, built on mutual respect, and offers plenty of collaboration. We are a team of extremely hard working individuals who have a steadfast dedication to delivering amazing results to our clients. As such, we make it a point to provide each of our employees with the tools needed to do their job well, including:
- Company gym to ensure you have a health work/life balance;
- A billiards room;
- Large, fully functional kitchen and dining area; and
- Paid overtime.
Our team genuinely appreciates each other and there is an authentic camaraderie and support network
In return for your hard work and dedication to the job, you will receive a highly competitive salary, based on experience.
Plexxis is committed to helping you grow your career, as such you will have the opportunity to take on additional training and development courses.
If you think you have what it takes, and are interested in joining a team of committed, diligent professionals, then apply today!