Brake and Shear Operator
- Join a leading manufacturer of custom stainless steel industry solutions!
- Great opportunity to work the afternoon shift, four days per week!
- Be rewarded with a competitive wage and great benefits, including performance-based incentives!
- Enjoy working in a modern, clean and ISO certified facility!
About the Organization
With over 30 years of industry experience, Accent Stainless Steel is a custom manufacturer of world-class processing systems and equipment. With a focus on designing sophisticated and innovative solutions for the Food and Beverage, Dairy, Brewery and Wine and Pharmaceutical industries, our expert in-house team use the latest technology to produce large and small scale turn-key solutions.
With an unparalleled commitment to excellence in quality, customer service and innovation, we consider our people to be our most valuable asset. With two modern and ASME and ISO certified facilities in Abbotsford, we aim to train, develop and motivate our team to succeed and build challenging, rewarding and successful careers with us.
Due to growth, now is the perfect time to join Access Stainless Steel. With great opportunities for professional development and career progression, we also offer flexible work schedules and exciting opportunities to travel and work internationally.
For more information about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Due to growth, Accent Stainless Steel is seeking a Brake and Shear Operator to join our team in Abbotsford, BC.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work four, ten-hour afternoon shifts (Monday to Thursday) with opportunity for overtime (Friday). Day shifts may also become available in the future.
In this role, you will work off drawings and DFX files to ensure that all sheet metal processes are completed effectively, efficiently and to specification.
Specifically, you will:
- Assess installation and maintenance requirements;
- Plan, assist and execute complex sheet metal jobs, including plasma cut, lay-out, breakpress and rolling etc;
- Inspect finished products and ensure compliance with specifications;
- Maintain a clean work area and adhere to safety standards at all times;
- Other duties as required.
This role calls for a mature-minded professional who has 5+ years of experience working in a sheet metal or custom shop environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Journeyman/Red Seal certification (preferred);
- Previous experience working with stainless steel;
- Previous experience with break and sheer operations (knowledge of gauges from 3/8ths down to 24 gauge); and
- Previous leadership experience.
As someone who is highly organized and with excellent time management skills, you will also have proven ability to plan effectively and complete tasks to deadline. Previous experience or working knowledge of food and beverage products is an asset.
This is the perfect role for friendly, hard-working and positive people with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. If this sounds like you, please read on to find out why Accent Stainless Steel is such a great place to work!
About the Benefits
Upon joining Accent Stainless Steel you will be rewarded in many ways - and not just your salary!
In addition to a competitive hourly rate commensurate with your qualifications and experience, you can expect to receive the following benefits after a 3 month probationary period:
- Medical, Dental and Vision;
- Company matched RRSP;
- Death, Disability and Life Insurance;
- Performance-based incentives/bonus; and
- Opportunities for training and professional development.
That's not all. At Accent Stainless Steel you will be welcomed into a friendly and social team environment that recognizes and rewards hard work. In addition to social events and team BBQs, we also offer a modern, clean and safe working environment, a flexible four or five day schedule, as well as opportunities travel internationally as an on-site installer.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to grow your career with an innovative and industry leading manufacturer - Apply Now!