Brazeau County, Alberta
- Grow your Planning career with a progressive Municipal Government!
- Live, work and play in a family-friendly town in the heart of central-west Alberta!
- Enjoy competitive remuneration and a healthy work/life balance!
About Brazeau County
Welcome to Brazeau County, the heart of west-central Alberta! Brazeau County is a land where industry and commerce join forces with outdoor recreation adventures and western culture to create a vibrant and thriving community.
‘Welcome Home’ is the motto for Brazeau County and we mean it! Brazeau County is a fantastic place to make your home. With a growing economy, beautiful countryside, excellent recreational opportunities and friendly people, we are conveniently located within reach of Edmonton and Red Deer.
For more information about Brazeau County and the beautiful Drayton Valley, please visit our webiste.
About the Opportunity
Brazeau County has an exciting opportunity for a Development Officer to join our team in Drayton Valley, Alberta.
This is a one-year contract role that will see the successful incumbent administering the County's Land Use Bylaw and Municipal Development Plan as well as acting as the liaison with the Municipal Planning Commission.
To qualify for this role, the successful candidate must have:
- Diploma in Planning and/or a combination of experience preferably in an urban municipal planning environment (completion of the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate will be considered an asset);
- The ability to interpret the County’s Land Use Bylaw, statutory plans, the Municipal Government Act and other provincial legislation;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications; and
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract is required.
We are looking for the type of person who is interested in and willing to pursue further education and continuous learning. As a strong communicator, both written and verbal, you will also be able to manage multiple projects in a team-based and deadline-oriented environment. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who displays a friendly and approachable attitude and who is able to exercise independent judgment and respond with appropriate action. It is also crucial to your success that you have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, an approachable attitude, and the ability to mediate and problem solve.
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary of $68,472 - $91,297.
Upon joining Brazeau County, you will also be welcomed into an innovative organization with a friendly and family-oriented culture. Working alongside a collaborative team, we want you to thrive in our inclusive, supportive and professional environment.
If you are a dependable and motivated individual with a passion for people, and the community at large – Apply Now!