- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Millwright looking to join a global market leader.
- Generous benefits package including a computer purchase program, pension plan, and educational assistance.
About the Organization
EWOS (Cargill) Canada Ltd. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fish feeds internationally.
Employing nearly 155,000 employees world wide, and approximately 85 employees in its Surrey, BC manufacturing facility, EWOS (Cargill) Canada has over 30 years of expertise in the industry.
As a forward-looking organization that believes in the "Green Book" principle, EWOS (Cargill) is always researching new ways to develop industry-leading practices.
About the Opportunity
Currently, EWOS (Cargill) Canada has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Millwright to join their 24-hour facility in Surrey, BC.
This role will be Monday to Friday shift rotation, and alternate Saturdays for preventative maintenance.
In this varied role, your main responsibility will be to independently troubleshoot machine problems and devise solutions.
More specifically, this will involve:
- Identifying and correcting any problems found in machines, equipment or processes in order to facilitate production;
- Maintaining, repairing and overhauling plant production equipment, building and grounds;
- Providing quick response to trouble calls by shift supervisors and or operators/technicians;
- Assisting Operating Engineers in maintenance of plant utilities;
- Performing preventive maintenance and improvements or modifications to production equipment;
- Supporting projects including working on a project team in the design, installation and commissioning;
- Maintaining complete & accurate records of shift logs, maintenance inspections and meter readings;
- Ensuring smooth, efficient communication to the next team at shift changes;
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks;
- Participating collaboratively in process improvement teams as required; and
- Any other duties as assigned.
If you are a team-player with a 'roll up your sleeves' attitude, this could be the job for you.
To be successful you must have a thorough understanding of Industrial Mechanics, WCB Regulations, and safe work practices with a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive hourly salary of $32.83.
In addition, EWOS (Cargill) Canada is offering a range of excellent benefits after you have completed your first three months of employment. These benefits include:
- 100% company paid Dental, Extended Health, and Vision plans;
- 100% company paid Life Insurance plan, Short Term Disability plan, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment plan;
- 100% company paid MSP;
- RRSP matching, up to 6%;
- 100% Education Assistance for approved courses;
- Yearly boot allowance; and
- Up to 3% bonus pay.
This is a career role that will suit candidates seeking a secure, long-term opportunity. Best of all, you will be welcomed into a supportive and dynamic organization, committed to providing its employees with stable work conditions, with a strong focus on safety.
This is the perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, skilled professional looking to work in a friendly and supportive environment.
If you are a reliable and flexible individual, physically capable of performing required duties and looking to join an industry leader with a vibrant team culture, this is the role for you!