- Build your tech career with a world-class defense industry leader!
- Work on the forefront of electronics and software architecture for light armoured vehicles!
- Join a high-energy team with exciting opportunities for global career progression!
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defense industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. Our talented Vetronics team applies a broad range of skills to design, build, test and deliver next generation electronic architecture, software applications, and demonstration vehicles in a fast-paced R&D environment.
About the Opportunity
We have a truly unique opportunity for an innovative and experienced Software Architect who's interested in working on cutting-edge technologies.
As a member of the Vetronics team, you'll be a key contributor on a broad range of projects and be involved in full lifecycle development. Specifically, you'll gain experience working the full lifecycle of a project, from bidding and requirements definition, through to design, build, qualification and support of fielded products.
Based in London, Ontario, you'll do well in this role if you're capable of managing tight deadlines and accommodating shifting priorities. You're flexible and adaptable, and changing requirements don't phase you.
Your key areas of responsibility will include, but aren't limited to:
- Designing software architecture and managing implementation for systems development according to ISO-26262 and SAE-J3061
- Providing expertise in the full-stack software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing
- Defining software architectures based on analyzed requirements, which includes evaluation, selection, and integration of all necessary technical components
- Liaising with multiple disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, and Software) to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs
- Designing solutions that conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas
- Providing input to tools and environment selection, while understanding and planning for evolutionary paths and new technology
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, we're seeking candidates qualified with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). In addition, you'll have at least five years of software development experience, including the development of automotive systems.
As an expert in C/C++, you'll have experience with Unified Modelling Language (UML) design and/or model-driven development. You'll also have development experience in a variety of OS environments (RTOS and desktop).
Comfortable with the Agile development process, you must have a strong technical background in system's architecture, design, ideally in overall solution architecture (networks, databases, interfaces and infrastructure). Most importantly, you'll have proven ability to develop these solutions within budget and schedule constraints.
This role is well suited to someone with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and who enjoys working in a highly collaborative team environment. The ability to travel (within Canada and the USA) is required, as is the ability to obtain and maintain:
- CGP (Controlled Goods Program) clearance
- Access to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) controlled data/hardware
- Secret Level clearance
Candidates with knowledge of SDLC documentation deliverables for safety critical systems will be at an advantage. Although not essential, experience with industry and military standards relevant to military vehicle design is an asset, as is P.Eng status or eligibility.
About the Benefits
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
In addition to a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your individual skills and experience, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Generous vacation package and flex time
- Tuition reimbursement for you and your children
- Long and short-term disability, life, AD&D insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
If you're an experienced Software Architect looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!