Video Applications Developer
- Build your tech career with a world-class defense industry leader!
- Work on the forefront of electronics and software architecture for light armoured vehicles!
- Join a high-energy team with exciting opportunities for global career progression!
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defense industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. Our talented Vetronics team applies a broad range of skills to design, build, test and deliver next generation electronic architecture, software applications, and demonstration vehicles in a fast-paced R&D environment.
About the Opportunity
We have a truly unique opportunity for an innovative Video Applications Developer who's interested in working on cutting-edge technologies.
As a member of the Vetronics team, you'll be a key contributor on a broad range of projects and be involved in full lifecycle development. Specifically, you'll gain experience working the full lifecycle of a project, from bidding and requirements definition, through to design, build, qualification and support of fielded products.
Based in London, Ontario, you'll do well in this role if you're capable of managing tight deadlines and accommodating shifting priorities. You're flexible and adaptable, and changing requirements don't phase you.
Your key areas of responsibility will include, but aren't limited to:
- Defining software architectures based on analyzed requirements, which includes evaluation, selection, and integration of all necessary technical components
- Liaising with multiple disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, and Software) to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs
- Implementing proof of concept systems on prototype vehicles
- Collaborating with the UX team to create intuitive and immersive video overlays
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, we're seeking candidates qualified with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or who possess an equivalent combination of education and experience). In addition, you'll be familiar with Agile/SCRUM software practices and have at least five years of experience in video capture, processing, and distribution.
Capable of integrating data from CAN, USB, RS-485, or Ethernet Networks, you'll also demonstrate a strong understanding of C and C++ and have previous experience with:
- OpenGL, OpenCV, OpenCL and CUDA
- Analog and digital video formats
- Designing with physical camera parameters and camera modeling
- Git or similar version control software
This role is well suited to someone with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and who enjoys working in a highly collaborative team environment. The ability to travel (within Canada and the USA) is required, as is the ability to obtain and maintain:
- CGP (Controlled Goods Program) clearance
- Access to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) controlled data/hardware
- Secret Level clearance
Candidates with experience with C4ISR video and Situational Awareness systems and DRI (Detection, Recognition, Identification) requirements will be at an advantage. Similarly, design experience with DEF STAN 00-82 is an asset. Although not essential, experience with low latency video and video formats (H.265, RS-170, DVI, VGA, SDI) is beneficial, as is P.Eng status or eligibility.
About the Benefits
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
In addition to a highly competitive salary that is commensurate with your individual skills and experience, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Generous vacation package and flex time
- Tuition reimbursement for you and your children
- Long and short-term disability, life, AD&D insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
If you're an experienced Developer looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!