Personal Delivery Assistants
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Work for an industry leader and innovator that is focused on sustainably supporting local communities, and inspires that pride in others
- Multiple opportunities for individuals who thrive on exceeding customer expectations
- Earn a competitive hourly rate, plus great employee benefits
- Full-time hours available
As part of the Jim Pattison Group of companies, Overwaitea Food Group (OFG) is the operator of over 150 unique stores, across six banner formats in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Our brand family includes some of the best in the business, including Save-On-Foods, Cooper's Foods, Overwaitea Foods, PriceSmart Foods, Urban Fare and Bulkley Valley Wholesale.
OFG's mission is "Always Customer First" and we work together to be the best in the west by delivering quality food, health, and home solutions. Our mission is underpinned by five core values - Service, People, Innovation, Fun and Integrity. While 'People' refers to OFG's valued customers and the communities we support, it also applies to our 15,000 valued team members. At OFG, we recognize our people as our greatest asset and are committed to their development. Whether it be by motivating them to provide the best standard of customer service, to providing education and career advancement opportunities, OFG stores are not just a great place to shop, they're also a great place to work. It's no surprise that OFG has one of the industry's longest-serving team member bases.
Proudly celebrating our 100th anniversary this year, OFG was also selected as one of BC's 2016 Top Employers.
For more information about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunities
OFG currently has multiple opportunities available for Personal Delivery Assistants in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Reporting to the E-Commerce Operations Specialist, and working closely with the store-based Online Shopping team and Customer Service Centre, you will provide customer first service by delivering customers’ orders to their homes safely, accurately and on time.
This will involve:
- Delivering groceries in a fully equipped Mercedes van
- Working with office and store teams to resolve customer service recovery situations involving returns, refunds, etc.
- Sharing information including customer feedback with the E-Commerce Operations Specialist/Team Leader
- Achieving operational standards for the Online Shopping Department (e.g. customer service for delivery orders, adherence to route schedules, cleanliness, food safety, shrink, scheduling, health and safety).
- Remaining current with key messages from Team leaders / E-Commerce Operations Specialist to ensure alignment with key business objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity for a customer first team player who is driven by contributing to a positive work environment and who takes pride in working for a leader and innovator in the grocery industry.
Qualified candidates will have 2–3 years of experience in a customer service related role. Possession of a valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record is essential, as is a strong work ethic and the willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done. You are charismatic, have a great sense of humor and you know how to have fun. You thrive in a team environment, however; you are also capable of working independently and with little supervision. You are a master at prioritizing, organizing, and problem-solving, and you are able to clearly communicate your actions both verbally and in writing. The ability to read a map and operate a GPS is essential, as is the capacity to lift up to 40 lbs. You must be willing to travel to different store locations when required.
This is currently a part-time position with the potential of transitioning into a full-time role and/or additional growth opportunities. Please also note that there are full-time hours available and you will receive extensive driving training to get you rolling!
Please note, successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
About the Benefits
At OFG, we attribute our success to our qualified, motivated and dedicated team, and we are committed to recognizing and rewarding their efforts. When it comes to grocery standards, we set expectations as an industry leader. It is the dedication and camaraderie of our staff that really makes the difference.
Don't miss this great opportunity to work with a close-knit team of individuals who are driven by a sense of accomplishment and a sense of ownership. Our staff take pride in what they do and often recommend their friends to join us.
Upon joining OFG, you will:
- Receive a competitive remuneration package and have access to our group benefits plan, including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and pension plan
- Enjoy working in a fun and exciting environment where we often get together for social events
- Have the opportunity to give back to the communities in which we serve through volunteering and fundraising for organizations such as BC Children's Hospital.
OFG is committed to supporting the growth and development of our team and opportunities for career progression do exist.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to grow your career with a highly respected, Canadian organization. Please submit your application online using the form below.