Medicine Hat, AB
- Excellent opportunity for a certified Journeyperson Millwright!
- Put your expertise to work in a dynamic, engaging and collaborative team environment!
- Receive competitive compensation and benefits with a global leader!
About the Organization
Methanex is the world's largest supplier of methanol to major international markets in North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Latin America. Methanol can be found in products from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint, silicone sealants to synthetic fibers. The energy sector is one of the most rapidly growing markets for the use of Methanol and greatly relies on the expertise and commitment of Methanex as their trusted supplier.
With the care of the environment as the root of their business, Methanex is a Responsible Care® company committed to the safe, ethical and environmentally sound management of the chemicals it makes and uses. Responsible Care® is an ethic established by the Chemical Industry Association of Canada (CIAC). The Responsible Care® ethic is an integral part of Methanex’s global commitment to ensuring the well-being of all stakeholders, wherever Methanex does business.
About the Opportunity
Methanex currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Millwright Technician to join our team in Medicine Hat on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will provide superior craftsmanship in the safe, efficient and effective maintenance and repair of rotating equipment systems in the Medicine Hat plant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing rotating equipment including turbines, compressors, fans, pumps, and gearboxes
- Performing predictive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis, and repair or replace defective parts when necessary
- Reading and interpreting equipment drawings and preparing material lists
- Performing day to day, project, and turnaround planning functions in collaboration with the planning team
- Supporting the scheduling and supervision of work activities in a lead-hand capacity, as required
- Participating as a member of the team to ensure policies and procedures are followed and best practices are implemented
- Assisting other trades groups as required
- Participating in the response to plant emergency situations, including after-hours events (as required)
- Completing all tasks to a high quality in a safe and effective manner, and providing detailed documentation and reporting of all tasks
- Demonstrating the Methanex core values of trust, respect, integrity and professionalism in the execution of the role’s functions, complying with site Responsible Care policies and procedures, and actively participating in associated programs
Our successful candidate will possess:
- A trade certification as a Journeyperson Millwright (a Red Seal is an asset)
- Four years of progressive experience in an industrial work environment
- Strong knowledge in the repair and maintenance of all types of rotating equipment
- Solid knowledge of alignment tools such as laser and dials
- An understanding of base vibration analysis
- The ability to mentor apprentices and lead work activities
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and web-based applications
- A class 5 Driver’s License
- Certification in First Aid, Confined Space, Fall Protection and other relevant safety training is an asset, as is previous experience in a plant environment
This role is well suited to a superior communicator who can build and maintain constructive and effective working relationships with a diverse range of individuals. Your customer oriented approach helps you ensure that you meet the expectations of both internal and external customers.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team will be essential for success in this role, as will your organizational and detail oriented work ethic.
You will do well in this role if you have strong time management, planning, and prioritization skills, coupled with excellent writtten and verbal communication and listening skills.
If you have the drive, determination, and ambition to meet and exceed expectations and achieve results, then we invite you to apply today!
About the Benefits
Building on our core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, our corporate culture encourages communication and teamwork and rewards employees for creativity and innovation. We are also very active in supporting educational and training/development initiatives. We sponsor scholarships and co-op programs at local colleges and universities as well as hands-on training programs at our manufacturing facilities.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect to receive an industry competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Medical/Dental plan
- Short term & long term disability coverage & survivor benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan, and optional Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Optional Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Possible relocation assistance for the right candidate
- Other benefits, including fitness subsidy and education assistance programs
Join this thriving and team focused market leader today and expand your experience with a new challenge - Apply Now!
Methanex Medicine Hat only accepts online job applications that are submitted through our third-party recruitment partner, The Employment Office, at www.applyfirst.ca.
To apply, please complete the online application form below. Once you have answered the questions, please click NEXT and you will be instructed to attach your resume on the following page. Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single document.