Research Scientist I (Chemistry & Cell Molecular Biology)
- Advance your career with a growing pharmaceutical company!
- Use your science background to make a positive impact in the lives of others!
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package!
Medipure’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery and bring innovative and safe medication for the treatment of pain, anxiety and skin disorders. We bring novel prescription medicines to market, providing patients with serious conditions valuable solutions that improve quality of life through the development of safe and effective endocannabinoid-based therapeutics.
Through rapid cost-effective product development, by addressing market needs, and establishing strategic partnerships, we seek to maximize the value of our products and provide innovative treatments for targeted diseases. For information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunities
Medipure is rapidly growing and we have two exciting opportunities for a Research Scientists I at our new facility in Burnaby, BC. Specifically, we are seeking one Chemistry Research Scientist and one Cell and Molecular Research Scientist.
As a Chemistry Research Scientist, you will provide medicinal chemistry support to our drug research and development group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
You will also perform organic synthesis experiments and purification procedures, using standard organic chemistry laboratory techniques or new methods from the literature to obtain pure characterized compounds for biological evaluation. You will also screen the drug candidates in various bioassays including cell culture and other relevant bioassay kits when needed.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry and a minimum of 3 years of academic or industry experience in the synthesis and characterization of organic compounds.
You will also possess:
- A proven track record of in synthetic organic synthesis/medicinal chemistry research
- Experience with drug molecule purification, identification, and characterization
- Experience with common spectroscopy (NMR, IR, UV, MS) and analytical techniques (UPLC, GC) required. Experience with chromatography purification systems is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with chemical literature searching tools for proposing viable approaches to target synthesis and chemical problem-solving.
- Experience is drug biological activity evaluation using cell culture and biochemical assays is an asset.
As a Cell and Molecular Research Scientist, you will carry out an independent research project that involves cell and molecular biology and participate in R&D and Lab meetings as directed.
You will also culture cells across a variety of human, animal and other cell lines, plate formats and media conditions within specifications and timelines provided by requesting scientist (training available as needed) and supply and maintain working and active cell banks.
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Life Science, Biochemistry, Neuroscience or related discipline and a minimum of 3 years experience in Cell Culture Techniques including an acquaintance of aseptic technique, sterile media preparation, clean room maintenance and working with live cells.
You will also possess:
- Expert working knowledge in bioassays (e.g. ELISA, RIA, Western blot, PCR and qPCR) (required)
- Experience working with multiple human and other mammalian cell lines
- Experience with DNA and RNA isolation or experience in molecular biology
- Intermediate knowledge of drug discovery and development would be an asset
- Knowledge or ability to perform STR genomic profiling is a plus
For both roles, you must have strong Microsoft Office skills, and the ability to organize and manage data relating to production activities. You will also have the ability to work and maintain strong relationships with department managers, members of your team, and other departmental staff. Previous experience working in a GLP/GMP environment and/or a demonstrated track record of advancing drug discovery projects are both definite assets.
Above all, you will be an analytical and results-oriented professional who has the ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of integrity. A criminal background check is required.
This is a great opportunity to further develop your skills and build a long-term career with a growing company. If this sounds like you, we want to speak with you – Apply Today!
About the Benefits
Upon joining Medipure you will be welcomed into a dynamic and multicultural team. In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive annual salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
And that's not all! When you join Medipure, you will have the ability to define your own career path while working with an engaged and excited team.