To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online at: https://www.bchousing.org/careers/current-opportunities (Please search for "2891" in the keywords search box at the top of the page to find this job)
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Use your project experience to help improve the lives of others!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
This year, BC Housing has once again been recognized as one of BC's Top 55 Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers! That doesn’t happen by accident. We know that our team of talented and compassionate employees is our greatest asset and ensuring their health and well-being is our number one priority.
Here are just some of the ways we look after our team:
- Three weeks' annual vacation, flexible working arrangements and additional paid personal days off to help you achieve work/life balance
- Flexible benefit options customized for you and your family
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments so you can spend more time with your family
- A wellness rewards program that promotes physical activity and mental well-being
- Free access to on-site fitness facility
If you want to build a successful and rewarding career with BC Housing, please read about the opportunity below or visit www.bchousing.org/careers
An exciting opportunity awaits!
We have an exciting opportunity for multiple, full-time Project Technologists to play a pivotal role in the renovation and renewal of social housing buildings across the Province. Based at our conveniently located Burnaby office and travelling to sites when required, you'll experience a sense of accomplishment as you work on a range of housing properties, overseeing design and construction and ensuring compliance with municipal standards.
As a Project Technologist, you'll use your critical thinking skills and knowledge of BC Building Code/municipal approval process to review specifications, perform site inspections, manage the work of consultants and contractors, complete contract administration, and provide technical services support, as required.
Of course, no two days are likely to be the same in this role. If you're seeking a rewarding opportunity that offers lots of challenge, collaboration and a healthy work/life balance, this could be the role for you!
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have great communication skills, a positive attitude and a diploma from a building, engineering or architectural technology program. Eligibility for designation as an AScT (Applied Science Technologist) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) with ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC) is a definite advantage, but not essential. Ideally, you'll also have:
- Specific training in building envelope principles, industry standards, regulatory requirements, construction contract administration and sound construction practices
- At least two years' broad-based technologist experience
- Previous contraction administration experience (including CCDC contracts)
- Exposure to the design or construction of multi-unit residential projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and construction software
Most importantly, we're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. You'll also be able to read and critique construction drawings and have experience inspecting new and existing buildings and estimating construction costs. Some exposure to building envelope assessment reports is considered an asset.
Due to the nature of this role, a valid BC driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel is also required.
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Upon joining BC Housing, you'll be warmly welcomed into our supportive and collaborative workplace that balances engaging and challenging work with personal downtime and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) and Extended Health and Dental
- Short-term illness and injury plus long-term disability benefits
- Group life insurance and AD&D
- Public Service Pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Professional training, development and career progression opportunities
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- Three weeks' annual vacation plus a modified work week option and additional paid personal days
We're also a social and inclusive team that values open communication and transparency. We ensure that all of our team members have a voice and that their opinions are heard and actioned. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort that our people go to each and every day and we also have Reward and Recognition programs that reward great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas, and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today!