About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014. ARRCS operate residential aged care facilities and community care support programs within communities across the Northern Territory including Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Mutitjulu and Docker River.
ARRCS is a service group of Uniting Care Queensland – the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church, and is supported by Blue Care – also part of Uniting Care Queensland and one of Australia's leading residential and community aged care providers in Australia.
With over 750 staff across the Northern Territory, we are a true community partner and our team members live our values of Compassion, Justice, Respect, Working Together, and Leading through Learning.
About the role
ARRCS Rocky Ridge Aged Care Facility is located in Katherine NT, 3 hours’ drive from Darwin. At Rocky Ridge, there are 25 permanent beds, plus two respite beds and a memory support unit. We embrace all cultures and work to support the spiritual and emotional wellbeing of all our residents with respect to their individual beliefs. You’ll hear any number of dialects spoken at our Rocky Ridge Nursing Home in Katherine, with people from across East Arnhem Land and the Northern End of the Tanami Desert calling it home.
We now have a full time, permanent opportunity for a qualified chef to join our dedicated team at Rocky Ridge. This position is responsible for preparing and maintaining a high standard of food and presentation services ensuring that dietary requirements of residents/clients are met and best practice compliance is followed by all kitchen staff.
Skills and experience
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Previous experience in preparing meals in an aged care setting or similar
- Demonstrated kitchen management skills including control of stock and inventory
- Previous experience and exposure to nutrition and the importance of dietary requirements, particularly within an aged care setting
- Prior experience managing and supervising kitchen teams will be highly regarded
- Must have a current National Police Check, OCHRE card and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- CBB Salary Packaging - Tax-free money to pay debts such as Rent & Mortgage
- 17.5% leave loading
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
Experience working in a remote location and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded.