Domestic Services Attendant (Laundry)
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- Competitive pay rate: $27 p/hour
- Part Time (7 shifts per fortnight)
- Based in Dandenong (VIC)
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Eunice Seddon Home, located in South East Melbourne, offers affordable, high quality accommodation to 60 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Wintringham is a seeking motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team at Eunice Seddon Home as a Part Time Domestic Services Attendant working across our Laundry function as well as assisting the food services team.
The available shifts are:
Week 1: Monday (0730-1430) & Tuesday (1430-2030)
Week 2: Monday (1430-2030), Tuesday (1430-2030), Wednesday (1430-2030), Thursday (0730-1430) & Sunday (1430-2030)
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensuring provision of clean laundry throughout Eunice Seddon at all times
- Assisting with cleaning after meals (dish-washing, ad hoc cleaning)
We are seeking candidates with excellent communication skills, a non-judgmental attitude, and the ability to liaise with people form varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work?: The opportunities are endless, with shifts at our residential sites on offer. Check out our website for locations.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Prior experience in Aged Care (mandatory)
- Qualifications and experience in food handling, infection control, manual handling and the use of cleaning chemicals (preferable)
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Physically able to perform manual tasks including (but not limited to) bending & lifting
How to apply:
For more information about the role you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 10th July 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have already undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”