Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College is seeking a committed and creative French & English Teacher or French with a second teaching area, who has a passion for teaching and work as part of an energetic team committed to excellence in the classroom. This is a full-time position for a Term 4 start date.
The applicant will have:
- Registration to teach in Queensland;
- Qualifications supporting, and experience in, teaching Yr 5 - 12 French and Junior English or French and another teaching area;
- Demonstrated capacity to integrate ICTs into teaching and learning;
- Willingness to contribute to the College's extensive co-curricular program; and
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College.
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
The College reserves the right to interview and employ a successful candidate before the closing date.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees (one of which should be your current principal);
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
As part of the interview process, the candidates may be required to teach part of a French lesson.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Thursday 27 August 2020 at 3:00pm.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.