LDK Seniors' Living is building Australia’s most innovative seniors living villages, delivered through a genuine continuum of care, in world-class vibrant communities, that will truly be worthy of our seniors.
Our vision is to create the most loved seniors’ communities in Australia, through our ‘one move’ promise. At LDK Seniors' Living, our three core values that we live and breathe by every day, are Love, Decency and Kindness. Every aspect of our business has only one thing in mind – our residents.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Kitchen Hand to join our growing and friendly team in our Greenway Views village. You will provide a warm, friendly and efficient food and beverage service to our residents and other guests, ensuring exceptional service standards are delivered and maintained at all times in line with resident expectations.
We have a full-time and casual position available. The full-time position will have set shifts of Wednesday to Sunday, 12:00pm to 8:00pm.
Duties and responsibilities
Cleaning of Kitchen
- Clean all kitchen surfaces, mop and sweep kitchen floors, put away dishes, pots and pans, organize food, clean out freezers, and remove trash.
- Ensure all dishes are sanitized by maintaining required water temperature and chemical levels.
Food Preparation Assistance
- Assist Chefs by completing food preparation tasks. This can include everything from organizing the refrigerator and freezer to chopping vegetables, washing fruit, defrosting meat, and preparing sauces and marinades.
- Preparation of dishes that require little to no cooking, such as salads.
- Ensure appliances and cooking equipment are properly used and maintained, take inventory of supplies and food, ensuring that the kitchen has accurate and adequate stock of consumables.
The successful candidate
- Food Safety Certificate
- One year of experience working in a similar role and/or environment
- Knowledge of foodborne illnesses, prevention and sanitisation
- Knowledge of chemical storage procedure and safety requirements
- Ability to perform the inherent physical requirements of the role. Being able to stand for long hours and lift heavy items.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle competing priorities in a busy environment
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
If you feel passionate about contributing to the LDK vision and believe this is the opportunity for you, please apply now.
Applications close 30 July 2020
Learn more, visit our website www.ldk.com.au or alternatively, contact email@example.com if you have more questions.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Clearance before commencing.