Head of HPE
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College has a vacancy for the Head of HPE commencing Term 1 2021. This is a 12 month fixed term contract in a Middle Leadership role with the responsibility for leading the development and implementation of the HPE curriculum, and fostering the academic growth of our students. A position description of the role appears on our website: https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies
This is a Tier 4+ position with applicable allowance and release time.
Applicants should have:
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College.
- Demonstrated capacity to integrate ICTs into teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement excellent teaching and learning in line with the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage delivery of the HPE curriculum across years 5 – 12 with a focus on Senior years being advantageous.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively manage resources within a budget and accountability requirements.
- Ability to communicate and manage effectively a large faculty, auxiliary staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes.
- Capacity to analysis and interpret data in order to maximise student growth in the HPE faculty.
- A willingness and capacity to contribute to the College’s extensive co-curricular program;
Applicants should address the Selection Criteria above in their application.
The College reserves the right to interview and employ a successful candidate before the closing date.
How to Apply
Please apply through the College website https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies. Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees (one of which should be your current principal);
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt of their application - please check your junk folder if you are unable to find this email.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Friday 27 November 2020 at 12:00pm midday.
Once you have clicked the Apply button on our website or the Apply For This Job button on Seek, please continue to scroll down on this page to complete your application.
Download the MCA Application form here.
Download the Position Description here.
Enquiries should be addressed to (do not email your application - please apply through the College website https://www.marash.qld.edu.au/about-mca/current-vacancies:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.