Manager People & Culture
|Job Type||Full Time - Temporary to January 2022|
|Package||$148,983.59 Total Remuneration Package|
|Position Description||Manager People and Culture|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
The Manager People and Culture will set the strategic direction and framework for all People and Culture activities to optimise and enhance the organisation’s service levels, culture, employment brand, employee experience and reputation with staff and the community. The manager will support leaders in growing and developing the skills and capacity of staff. This is a temporary, maternity leave contract until January 2022.
Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of high quality people management. Responsible for the provision of support and professional expertise to management and employees.
Strategic People Leadership
- Develop and deliver People and Culture strategic plans aligned to the Council Plan.
- Uphold organisation-wide standards for all People and Culture policies, systems, processes and practices.
- Motivate, lead and inspire the People and Culture team to provide quality services to the organisation.
- Ensure Council is delivering the best practice approach to recruitment and selection, induction, training and development, payroll services, performance management, industrial relations, workforce planning and staff engagement.
- Provide expert advice and human resource services for organisational leaders in relation to performance management, disciplinary processes, disputes and grievances.
Safety and Wellbeing
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective Occupational Health and Safety management system throughout the organisation, to drive a positive safety and wellbeing culture.
- Develop and implement innovative staff wellbeing solutions.
- Design, develop and implement organisational development initiatives and programs to assist the Council to be a high performing organisation and an employer of choice.
- Oversee the implementation of a staff performance, development and review system.
- Design and deliver a learning and development plan for the organisation.
- Ensure organisational compliance with all relevant employment legislation, regulations and instruments.
- Lead the negotiation process of future Enterprise Agreements.
- Maintain effective relationships with employees and their representatives.
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management, Business or other relevant discipline with several years experience, or extensive relevant Human Resource Management experience with a proven track record in delivering results.
- Significant ER/IR experience and experience dealing with complex problems, particularly coaching line managers and case managing under-performance or disciplinary concerns.
- Understanding of the relevant Awards, Acts and regulations as it applies to this role and the ability to interpret legislation and provide advice and guidance to the organisation.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and drive organisational performance.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter, resume and address the 'selection criteria' as part of the questions section of this page(outlined in the position description).
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Sara Smith, Coordinator People and Culture at email@example.com or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 5 October 2020.
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer