Eastern Creek, Sydney
About the Company:
The RDO Australia Group is one of the world’s largest John Deere and Vermeer equipment dealers, and encompasses Vermeer Australia, Vanderfield and RDO Equipment dealerships. The Group proudly employs over 500 staff, and operates out of 18 dealerships providing parts and service support for the agricultural, roads, civil construction, landscaping, mining and forestry sectors.
Our people are our most important asset and we partner with our employees to build on their strengths and help them develop their careers. Our job is more than supplying equipment. We are a trusted business partner and we build customers for life. We play hard and fair in everything we do and are driven by a sense of achievement.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sales Manager to join our Vermeer Team out of our Eastern Creek, Sydney facility.
About the role:
This individual will develop long term partnerships with our customers and sales team through anticipating their needs and providing win/win solutions within an assigned territory while promoting all aspects of the Company in a professional manner.
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:
- Lead and support sales team throughout the sales process, including prospecting and closing sales, performing research and acquiring information on target customers; developing goals, quotas, and forecasts, analysing sales statistics, and developing sales campaigns.
- Coach and mentor sales team on needs/features/benefits, closing, time and territory management, negotiating, product knowledge, productivity, and gross margin.
- Financial management of territory and create and monitor annual sales department benchmarks and budget, in alignment with the organisation’s financial and operational objectives.
The successful applicant:
The successful candidate will have prior Sales and client management experience from a heavy machinery background, preferably with experience in Vermeer equipment (or similar) as the candidate will spend 75% of your time in the field working with the sales professionals and meeting with customers.
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Experience within the Earthmoving Construction industry in a sales capacity would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of industry and competitor standards would be preferred.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- The ability to create and maintain long lasting customer relationships.
- Experience in initiating customer relationships and ongoing account management.
- Strong customer service focus and dedicated work ethic.
- Computer literate.
- A current and valid driver’s licence.
As a valued employee of the company, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth.
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Great career advancement and opportunities.
Prospective candidates are advised that interviews will commence immediately.
We are successful because of our people and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We can only accept applications from individuals who have the right to work in Australia. External agencies have not been engaged for this role, so please ensure you apply directly to be considered.
For further information on this particular role or similar opportunities please contact our Careers Team on 0428 227 861.