Quality Control Inspector
Various Alberta and Saskatchewan Field Sites
- Great Camp opportunity for a detail-oriented, team player to join a stable company!
- Highly attractive salary!
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
About Universal Industries
Universal Industries, a division of Foremost Universal LP, has been specializing in supplying their customers with oil and gas processing equipment since 1949. Supported by an experienced engineering, drafting, and design team, the Universal Industries manufacturing staff is dedicated, well trained, and has a proven track record for quality workmanship.
Universal Industries utilizes over 130,000 square feet of shop space, and combines this with a 40,000 square foot pressure vessel manufacturing facility to produce their complete group of products including field storage and process tanks, UIC/COLT Flash and HDT Horizontal Treaters, and heavy wall vessels. The company also provides expertise in high pressure remote bulk water separation, and the reconditioning of steam equipment.
As an operating entity of Foremost Universal LP, Universal Industries is a rapidly growing public company with $200 million in annual sales and over 600 employees across Alberta. Although the focus is on the Alberta and Saskatchewan oilfield, they have done work all over the world including Venezuela,Cuba, Trinidad, the United States and Peru.
About the Opportunity
In this exciting role as Quality Control Inspector, you will report to the Quality Control Manager, and your main responsibility will be ensuring that the field storage tanks processed by Universal Industries are completed accurately in order to meet reliability standards and comply with customer contract expectations and legal compliance. Please note that this is a Camp job in which you will reside at various locations with a working schedule of 14 days on and 7 days off.
Specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Initiating and maintaining individual quality files for field tanks;
- Verifying fit-up and positioning of materials according to construction drawing;
- Scheduling and mapping required NDE;
- Interacting with all levels of construction personnel, drafting, project coordinators and client inspectors; and
- Verifying product compliance with international and national legislation and standards.
The ideal candidate will have 3 -5 years' previous experience in a Quality Control role either in the shop or field.
If you have outstanding communication skills and the self motivation to match, Universal Industries wants to speak with you! Preference will be given to applicants with the following technical training or certification:
- Technical diploma in Welding Engineering, Material Engineering or Mechanical Engineering;
- Certification to API 653, API 510 or API 570;
- CWB Welding Inspector Level 1 or 2;
- Familiarity with API-650 Code;
- Current safety tickets.
About the Benefits
In addition to the successful candidate receiving a highly attractive salary package, Universal Industries' employees receive excellent benefits including:
- Generous medical, dental, and eyewear plan;
- Life, short and long term disability insurance;
- Employee accidental death and dismemberment and specific loss;
- Two weeks vacation with the opportunity to earn more vacation days the longer you are with the company;
- A friendly team culture with a Social club which provides monthly draws and events such as golf tournaments and lobster fests; and
- Opportunities for continued training and courses are also supported and promoted on an individual basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant company that is family-oriented with management who are open minded and accepting of new ideas.
Universal Industries is committed to developing, leading and mentoring staff who want to achieve and accelerate in their careers, in a nurturing and empowering environment.