Cold Larder & Catering Team Member
Looking for an experienced Cold Larder & Catering team member for our café site located within Gold Coast University Hospital.
WHSmith is an historic British retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and is a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide. Our Australian operations, under which 7 brands currently operate, are rapidly expanding and WHSmith is expected to continue this growth.
Fresh+ currently operate a large number of hospital cafés across NSW, QLD, and SA, providing food, beverages, and convenience retail to hospital staff and the general public. Our Café located at Gold Coast University Hospital is looking for an experienced Team Member to join our team. We are looking for an energetic, flexible, and personable with proven experience in a similar food and beverage role to join our team. The ideal candidate will be determined, hardworking, creative and have excellent communication skills and be able to adapt to different environments.
- Cold food preparation such as - Sandwiches, Rolls, Wraps, Salads prepared
- Short order cooking
- Preparation of catering
- Prepare bulk foods
- Food Preparation
- Cleaning and sanitising in conjunction with Food Safety & HACCP requirements
- Dishwashing and cleaning of the kitchen, equipment & dining areas
- Special diets including allergies/intolerances
- Assisting the broader team as required
- Receival and storage of stock
- Looking for a career in food? cert 3 or above ideal but not required.
- Early start and early finish, Monday to Friday role
- Previous experience assisting in all aspects of kitchen operations, food preparation and service provision in a similar catering environment
- Ability to work well with other team members
- A commitment to genuine, friendly customer service
- A motivated, enthusiastic and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Confident knife skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a lifestyle change to daytime work away from the traditional nights that comes with working in hospitality.
Please send a cover letter and current CV outlining your relevant experience.