Personal Care Assistant (Community Care)
Northern & Western Melbourne
- Work flexible hours in the community to suit your lifestyle– get out of the office!
- Competitive pay rates - $25.9462 - $27.8431 p/hr + 25% casual loading
- Reimbursement for kilometres travelled between clients
- Free training courses provided and opportunities to develop.
- Access to exclusive NFP Salary Packaging
- Multiple positions available
- Opportunity to pick up additional work at our residential facilities
- Working across the Northern & Western Melbourne region(s)
Who are we?
Founded in 1989, Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit organisation that provides an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to elderly men and women who come from a homeless or financially disadvantaged background. Our Community Care programs see our employees assist our clients in their homes and in the community. As an organisation that advocates for social justice, we are committed to upholding our values of options, dignity and rights for our clients as well as our employees.
Your new role
We are currently seeking flexible and experienced Personal Care Assistants to join our team on a casual basis to work across our community programs based in Northern & Western Melbourne (your home base will be in Ascot Vale and/or Seddon). If you are seeking a flexible workplace that caters to your availability and gets you out of an office or facility, then look no further.
So – what is a day in the life of a Personal Care Assistant?
No two days will be the same in this fast paced and dynamic role. In your new role, some of the requirements will include:
- Personal Care: showering, oral care and continence management
- Medication Assistance: Administering and monitoring medications, assisting with dressings and basic observations
- Food Preparation: preparing, cooking and serving of meals
- Community Support: escorting our clients on community outings e.g. shopping trips, excursions, lunches, appointments
- Transport: escorting our clients to medical and allied health appointments, hospital visits and respite care
- Domestic Support: cleaning, tidying, changing bedding to ensure a safe, clean and sanitized environment for our client
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and we will ask you to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work? The opportunities are endless, with shifts at our residential sites on offer also. Check out our website for locations.
What we will need from you:
- A minimum of a Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support or Community Services.
- Medication endorsement is favourable, but not essential
- Prior experience in Aged or Community Care (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- A caring approach
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
- Current CPR & First Aid
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Shortlisted applications will be contacted for an interview. Applications will close 5:00pm Friday 10th July 2020.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”