Senior Landscape Architect
- Excellent opportunity for an experienced Landscape Architect to join a leading Canadian landscape architecture, urban design and planning firm!
- Work on a variety of challenging and highly urban projects across Canada and the United States.
- Enjoy a dynamic, friendly and collaborative work environment.
About the Organization
PFS STUDIO is an acclaimed landscape architecture, urban design and planning firm with offices in Vancouver and China. The firm has been in practice for over thirty years (formerly as Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg) and produces its award-winning work from its Vancouver studio and through affiliated offices in China.
PFS STUDIO is led by five partners, diverse in their own specialities, yet complementary as an effective leadership team. They are strongly supported by a number of highly experienced associates who help structure and guide the various project teams. The firm's principals and associates work with an exceptional staff of design and planning professionals and collectively provide creative solutions to a wide range of projects.
For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
PFS Studio is currently seeking a Senior Landscape Architect to join their team in Vancouver, BC.
In this role, you will provide a wide range of high-level support to the firm's principals in relation to project management, design development, and documentation of specific projects. You will be responsible for managing projects working closely with principals and overseeing junior team members. You will also be expected to participate in client meetings, public consultations and presentations as required.
To qualify for this role, you must have a professional degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited institution, as well as 5-10 years experience in a key role within an exceptional design practice. It is essential that you have some experience working in the private sector and within North America.
Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Strong design and graphics skills that can be expressed in a variety of formats
- Experience in overseeing staff in the technical execution of work
- Excellent command of AutoCAD
- A solid understanding of construction documentation and construction administration, as well as site experience
- A display of leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow for effective interaction with clients, co-workers, approval authorities and the public
- Membership or eligibility for membership with the BCSLA, CSLA and ASLA is not required but will certainly be considered an asset
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be compensated with an attractive, competitive salary based on skills and experience. You can also expect to enjoy:
- Extended health and dental coverage (50% of monthly premiums)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- ASI/Critical illness
- Contribution to select conferences and professional development training
- Professional associations membership
- Performance bonus
- Banked time
- Monthly socials
- A fun, friendly and social work environment
- An office dog!
If you think this sounds like you, don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to work for an internationally acclaimed industry leader - scroll down and Apply Now!