10213-99 Street Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2H3
- Join an interdisciplinary team that provides support and education to a diverse population while gaining experience in the full scope of practice!
- Two openings for Speech-Language Pathologists to make a difference to the lives of the students of Grande Prairie area!
- Enjoy attractive pay, plus full benefits, including Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, and MORE!
- Work from a beautiful area with a limitless availability of activities, and a family-based community!
About the Organization
Peace Collaborative Services is an umbrella organization whose employees are hired by the Grande Prairie Public School District #2357. The organization serves 8 school jurisdictions from Manning in the north to Grande Cache in the south, west to the border and east to Valleyview. The current positions are for the Grande Prairie area and a typical caseload is 2-4 schools.
For more information on PCS please visit www.pscd.info.
About the Opportunity
Peace Collaborative Services currently has two openings for Speech-Language Pathologists (NOC Code 3141) to work in the Grande Prairie office.
In this role, you will gain experience in the full scope of practice through assessment, programming, consultation and direct therapy for children with all types of communication disorders.
More specifically, you will provide assessment, programming, consultation and direct therapy for children with communication disorders. Services will be provided in the form of consultation and in-services to teachers, program workers, and parents of children with communication disorders in the Grande Prairie Public School District and to other school jurisdictions in this Regional Collaborative Service delivery area in Northwestern Alberta.
Working with children in the regular school system from Preschool through Grade 12, and integrating services into the programming of students with other disciplines such as Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Psychology and for students with visual and/or hearing impairment, you will:
Provide individual child services:
- Develop intervention programs, conduct periodic re-assessment/evaluation of individual programs, and recommended adjustments as needed
- Provide direct treatment intervention to specific children
- Instruct teachers, assistants, assistants, volunteers, and parents in speech-language intervention techniques
- Participate in case conferences, parent interviews, medical consultations, clinics and group programming
- Research and provide consultation regarding adaptive equipment and technical aids
Oversee program services:
- Supervise para-professional staff and provide programming input for educational assistants
- Provide input into the direction and requirements of the speech-language program in various jurisdictions (e.g. service priorities, delivery of programming, caseload development)
- Provide input into the development and implementation of group programs
To qualify for the role, you will need the following:
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologist and Audiologists
- Possession of a valid driver’s license (travel required)
Previous pediatric experience is a definite asset, however, there is a great mentorship program available for new graduates. Please note the language of work is English.
Our next Speech-Language Pathologists will join Peace Collaborative Services as an employee of Grande Prairie Public School District with a willingness to enhance his/her knowledge and clinical skills through attendance at relevant continuing education programs and professional development opportunities.
About the Benefits
In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary of $66,690 – $89,928 based on experience. In addition, you can look forward to the following array of benefits:
- Full benefits, including Life, Disability, Dental, Extended Healthcare, Health Spending Account
- Mentorship and the opportunity to work on a diverse caseload
- Working the school year with school holidays
- Payment of Professional dues
- Professional liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Great development opportunities
Best of all, you will be welcomed into a supportive multidisciplinary team environment that will listen to and value your ideas. This is an opportunity to make your mark on an established and highly respected organization, using your experience and skills to inspire a direct and positive impact on students.
Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skills in a dynamic working environment in Grande Prairie or Peace River, Alberta - Apply Now!
Grande Prairie Public School District
Grande Prairie, AB
Peace Collaborative Services
Grande Prairie Public School District
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4X1
Phone: 780 539 0333 ext. 1930
cell 780 882 6223
fax 780 539 7613