Licensed Practical Nurse
- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing company and finish each day knowing you have made a difference!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
- A truly rewarding role for a Licensed Nurse.
About the Organization
Since becoming a registered charity in 1992, The Phoenix Society's mission has been to encourage and assist British Columbians in achieving personal, family and community health, free from substance misuse.
Located in Surrey, BC and serving the Greater Vancouver and Fraser regions, we promote health and wellness in the community by creating inclusive learning spaces where participants uncover their strengths and realistically appraise their challenges. Then, they move to action planning with the support they need to advance toward fulfilling their life goals. As a result, some 82% of our participants finished the addiction services program, without returning to substance misuse.
We contribute much of our success to our dedicated and hard-working staff. Our close-knit organization values providing a healthy life/work balance, with numerous events for staff throughout the year and a compassionate leadership team, we ensure that The Phoenix Society is a place where you will value coming to work every day!
To learn more, please visit https://www.phoenixsociety.com/
About the Opportunity
Currently, we are looking for 2 Part-Time and 2 Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurses to join The Phoenix Society's team in Surrey, BC.
As a member of the integrated services team and reporting to the Clinical Lead combining clinical addiction, housing, employment and educational services, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will participate in the recovery and capacity building of residents and alumni by engaging in their physical and mental health needs.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a therapeutic nurse–resident relationship.
- Adhering to legal requirements of LPN practicing and scope as dictated through CLPNBC.
- Administering medication in keeping with Licensed Facility requirements.
- Participating in emergency preparedness planning working collaboratively to develop and implement plans.
- Working with on-site GP to develop care plans for individuals when needed.
- Providing direction, assignment and assistance to unregulated staff.
- Assessing resident’s health literacy and knowledge, providing information and access to resources.
- Maintaining resident confidentiality and responding to resident rights to health care information.
- Documenting using internal documentation tools as well as requirements under legislation, regulation, by-laws and policies applicable to LPNs.
In order to qualify for this role, you must have a Diploma in Nursing and a current First Aid Certificate with CPR. You will also need to be able to effectively communicate in English, professionally, orally and in writing.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Registration with the Licensed Practical Nurses of BC.
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills.
- Adaptability/flexibility demonstrated by the ability to adjust one’s approach to meet the demands and needs of constantly changing conditions, situations and people and to work effectively in difficult or ambiguous situations.
- An analytical approach to thinking and decision making.
- Experience administering medication using the Medication Administration System.
- Proficient in use of MS Windows, Excel and database management.
- Experinence in quality assurance and quality improvement.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations.
Our ideal candidate for this role will act ethically, have a strong focus on client needs and be able to act both independently and as part of a team.
About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience.
Additionally, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Full medical and health benefits, including dental
- Long term disability
- Employer matched retirement plan after one year of employment
- MSP coverage
We value the happiness of our team and host numerous social events, in conjunction with the community, over the year including seasonal summer BBQ's and Christmas parties, charity fundraisers, and lunches.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a thriving and growing company, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
If you think you have what it takes to make a change within our organization, please apply today!