Senior Manager, Technology Services
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online at: https://www.bchousing.org/careers/current-opportunities (Please search for "3212" in the keywords search box at the top of the page to find this job)
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Use your leadership and IT experience to help improve the lives of others!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
Build a career with one of BC's Top Employers!
BC Housing is a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people’s lives and communities.
This year, BC Housing has once again been recognized as one of BC's Top 55 Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers! That doesn’t happen by accident. We know that our team of talented and compassionate employees is our greatest asset and ensuring their health and well-being is our number one priority.
Here are just some of the ways we look after our team:
- Three weeks' annual vacation, flexible working arrangements and additional paid personal days off to help you achieve work/life balance
- Flexible benefit options customized for you and your family
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments so you can spend more time with your family
- A wellness rewards program that promotes physical activity and mental well-being
- Free access to on-site fitness facility
If you want to build a successful and rewarding career with BC Housing, please read about the opportunity below or visit www.bchousing.org/careers
An exciting opportunity awaits!
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Manager, Technology Services to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to make valuable contributions to our organization by leading the day-to-day operations of our Information Technology Service Delivery, Infrastructure, and Platform Services.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, in this role you will manage overall team operations while ensuring a high level of service delivery to the organization as well as delivering on the goals and objectives of the Information Management & Technology (IMT) department.
As a key member of our team your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Senior Manager, Technology Planning to develop long term technology roadmaps and capital plans for consideration.
- Keeping all IMT staff informed in regards to strategic plans.
- Offering advice and expertise to the CIO and other IMT management leaders regarding technical and service management issues.
- Offering recommendations and creative solutions to improve the effectiveness of systems operations and infrastructure in achieving organizational objectives.
- Participating as a key contributor and decision-maker as you represent service delivery, platform, infrastructure, and endpoint technologies in IMT governance committees, project teams, and other key research and decision-making initiatives.
Of course, no two days are likely to be the same in this role. If you're seeking a rewarding opportunity that offers lots of challenge, collaboration and a healthy work/life balance, this could be the role for you!
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have a recognized degree in Information Technology along with considerable experience in IT. More specifically your previous IT experience will entail managing service delivery and a technical infrastructure for a complex, medium-sized organization. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may also be accepted.
As our Senior Manager, Technology Services you'll also have in-depth knowledge of the following:
- n-Tier architecture, system management, and network administration functions.
- ITIL best practices and service management excellence including service desk management.
- Day to day operations of Oracle and/or Microsoft technology-based corporate database systems and applications.
- Unified communication systems utilizing Voice Over IP, Unified Messaging and Call Centre technologies.
- Windows and LINUX infrastructure.
- Directory-based authentication, including Active Directory.
- Current local and wide area network technologies and related hardware.
- Management of on-premise and off-premise data centres in multiple geographic locations including public cloud service providers.
- Management of technology requirements for facility-based projects.
You'll also have excellent communications skills combined with strong leadership skills which will ensure your ability to manage a team while working towards competing deadlines and with varying stakeholders. Most importantly, we're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need.
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Upon joining BC Housing, you'll be warmly welcomed into our supportive and collaborative workplace that balances engaging and challenging work with personal downtime and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits, including:
- Paid BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) and Extended Health and Dental
- Short-term illness and injury plus long-term disability benefits
- Group life insurance and AD&D
- Public Service Pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Professional training, development and career progression opportunities
- Generous maternity and parental leave top-up payments
- Three weeks' annual vacation plus a modified work week option and additional paid personal days
We're also a social and inclusive team that values open communication and transparency. We ensure that all of our team members have a voice and that their opinions are heard and actioned. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort that our people go to each and every day and we also have Reward and Recognition programs that reward great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas, and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today!