- Be part of a company that has been recognized by the likes of Canada's Top 100 Employers and BC's Top Employers
- Work with a AAA Nintendo Developer
- Receive access to an exceptional company culture and great benefits
About Next Level Games
Next Level Games is an independent video game developer that has developed award-winning titles over the past 17 years across a variety of consoles. As a video game developer, we are probably best known for our work with Nintendo on critically acclaimed titles like Mario Strikers Charged, Punch-Out!!, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, and most recently Luigi's Mansion 3.
At Next Level Games, we're extremely proud of the games we get to develop as a AAA Nintendo Developer. We're also extremely proud of the efforts our team makes in developing these games and endeavour to ensure our team can work in an environment with an excellent work-life balance and a wonderful company culture. Our company workplace culture has been recognized over the years by organizations like Canada's Top 100 Employers and BC's Top Employers. But don't just take our word for it, check out what our employees think of us and our excellent company culture on Glassdoor by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Currently, Next Level Games is looking for an enthusiastic Network Programmer to join our team based in downtown Vancouver on a full-time basis.
As one of our Network Programmers, you'll join a team of seasoned and passionate game developers as you work on one of our upcoming projects. While we can't state exactly what that project is publicly, if you're a fan of Nintendo you'll be excited.
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Developing lower level transport protocols
- Developing systems for state synchronization between machines.
- Developing lobby services to handle creation of games and joining of games.
- Creating debugging tools and metrics systems for identifying and solving common networking problems.
In order to qualify for this role, you must have at least 2 years of video game experience as a Network Programmer along with a post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar. Advanced skills in C++, experience with low-level networking, and a strong working knowledge of bandwidth concerns, the effect of latency on game design, and entity prediction are all also required.
As our ideal candidate, you'll be a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and an eagerness to learn new things. Your highly organized nature, ability to conceptualize at a high level, and your excellent analytical and problem-solving skills will ensure your success in this role as you work with a multidisciplinary team towards specific deadlines.
Above all, you'll be an enthusiastic individual that's passionate about the work that you do.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary based on skills and qualifications along with a wide host of benefits including:
- Opportunity to up-skill and learn from seasoned professionals, we have a low turnover and we plan to keep it that way. We also encourage people to develop in their role in line with their skills and interests.
- In house amenities such as our dedicated yoga room and our onsite showers.
- Monthly staff appreciation events.
- Fun events planned by our social committee ranging from summer BBQs to corporate snowboarding ski passes.
As a part of our team, you'll enjoy the opportunity to work in a culture of open communication where your contributions are truly valued.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to join one of the gaming industry's favourite employers!