Journeyman Millwrights and Journeyman Electricians
Prince Rupert, BC
- Receive a highly competitive hourly rate!
- Enjoy a great benefits package that includes, health and dental, a pension plan, growth opportunities, and training!
- Great opportunities for Red Seal Millwrights or Red Seal Electricians to join a state-of-the-art organization!
About the Organization
Prince Rupert Grain Ltd. opened in 1985 and built a terminal to improve Canada’s ability to export grain and oilseeds. We now offer the best route for Canadian grain bound for Asian and mid-east markets. With an annual export capacity of over 6.25 million tonnes, we offer the highest throughput of any grain-cleaning elevator in Canada.
Our state-of-the-art terminal cleans grain as fast as it can be unloaded from rail cars, in excess of 13 cars per hour. With eight shipping bins and three tower-mounted loading spouts, we are able to load up to 4,000 tonnes of wheat or barley per hour.
Living in Prince Rupert
Can you imagine finishing a day at work with a relaxing game of golf? Maybe you would prefer to be out on the water kayaking or fishing? If this appeals to you then Prince Rupert is the perfect place to establish a new career and lifestyle.
This friendly community of 12,000, with its small-town aesthetic charm, cosmopolitan culture, municipal amenities and diverse population, is ideally situated on BC’s picturesque North Coast. Not far from the Haida Gwaii and Ketchikan, Alaska, Prince Rupert is accessible year-round by air, rail, cruise ship, ferry or by road.
Set against a visually stunning backdrop where the mountains meet the sea, Prince Rupert offers a unique and exciting wilderness experience. With enough activities and attractions to please any outdoor enthusiast, Prince Rupert also boasts superb museums and a thriving performing arts community.
About the Opportunities
We currently have opportunities for both Journeyman Millwrights and Journeyman Electricians to join our team in Prince Rupert, BC.
- In order to qualify for the Millwright role, you must be a Red Seal Journeyman Millwright (with TQ and IP tickets). You must have hydraulic and pneumatic experience, as well as some welding experience.
- In order to qualify for the Electrician position, you must be a Red Seal Journeyman Electrician (with TQ and IP tickets). You must also have industrial experience as well as having PLC experience, preferably Allen Bradley ControlLogix.
As the ideal candidate for any of these roles, you should have a high degree of troubleshooting experience and possess a superior technical background, coupled with a desire to continue to work in an industrial maintenance setting. You must also be comfortable working independently, but also as part of a team.
Please note that these are union positions and shift work is required. You will also be required to complete pre-employment medical testing.
About the Benefits
Along with a highly competitive hourly rate of $46.37 you will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package as per the collective agreement, which includes:
- Medical, dental and assisted out of town medical benefits
- Pension plan (administered by union)
- Life insurance
- On-the-job training provided with additional on-site training as required
- Growth opportunities within the company
- Opportunities for overtime (voluntary)
- Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidates
- Up to $500 RRSP matching per year
When you join Prince Rupert Grain, you're joining a team who takes pride in their work and enjoys a positive relationship with the union while working in a great environment.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to advance your career with an industry leader - Apply Now!