Business Systems Analyst
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, they are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in Alabama, SSI is proud to offer their team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with SSI gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built luxury yachts Wisp and Cake Walk as well as a myriad of defense, workboat and ferry projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to their success within the industry.
About the Opportunity
If you strive for excellence and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, consider joining our team. Are you detail oriented, self motivated, able to work well independently or as part of a team? Do you have project management experience? If you have a background in project management and you take pride in your ability to provide quality, detailed results and solutions to complex problems; this may be the right opportunity for you.
- Implement and maintain custom integrations between SSI’s line of business applications including Microsoft SharePoint, Maximizer CRM, HubSpot, and custom applications based on Microsoft SQL Server
- Develop business dashboards using Microsoft Power BI
- Create business cases and /or budgets for projects where required
- Coordinate activities and resources for projects that impact multiple departments and / or for multiple projects
- Record detailed (internal) customer requirements, constraints and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables and develop strategies and or processes by which to meet those deliverables
- Develop detailed project plans with identified critical path tasks as necessary on a per project basis
- Communicate with internal and external partners on the progress of projects
- Critically evaluate information from multiple sources and clearly indicate quality of final analysis
- Adhere to budgets and keep projects on track for successful completion within the agreed upon specifications
- Handle basic administration functions involved with projects (i.e creating PO’s, researching products and or services etc.)
- Facilitate meetings and maintain communication effectiveness with stake holders
- Create technical documentation as needed and report on progress of projects
- Map new and existing business processes into Nintex workflows and InfoPath forms
- Transform business requirements into solutions using SharePoint sites, Microsoft Teams, and other related technologies
- Perform basic maintenance on SSI’s Microsoft O365 tenant
- Perform basic maintenance on SSI’s Microsoft SharePoint farm on-premise
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience maintaining business solutions based on Microsoft technology
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience with automation of business processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of database applications
- Fully competent with the use of Excel in a project coordination environment
- Relocation to Victoria, BC
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up their team. Although the work may be challenging, they foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary depending on skills and experience, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision;
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Profit Sharing Plan;
- Fully funded Employee Assistance Program;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!