We are a growing company, continually expanding our world market share in shipbuilding and offshore structure production. We are looking for outstanding people to join us in continuing almost 30 years of sustained growth in our commitment to continued recognition as an employer of choice in the Greater Victoria area. We maintain a fascinating and challenging work environment with a corresponding respect for work/life balance. At the heart of our success are the creative, energetic, dynamic people who make up the SSI team.
This role with SSI is ideal for any candidate working towards a career in business. It is a part-time, permanent position. The successful applicant will be exposed to a broad range of roles and responsibilities, applying cutting edge business concepts, practices and tools (business applications) within the marketing and sales departments. The Marketing Generalist role with SSI will give you the opportunity to work in a team environment with a group of talented individuals creating leading edge technology. You will return to your academic training with a new appreciation of real world implementation.
The Marketing Generalist will be trained to support experts within the Marketing Team under the mentoring of experts within the department across multiple platforms and disciplines.
As the Marketing Generalist, you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Performing scheduled updates to Joomla
- Creating new web pages/ articles
- Creating new menu items
- Updating events on website
- Creating emails campaigns
- Creating bitly/utm links in Hubspot
- Creating ProProff’s quizzes
- Managing and maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Updating imagery/graphics as needed
- Updating to Wordpress sites as needed
- Maintaining a stock of swag (shipping, ordering and inventory control)
- Updating Maximizer records as needed (specifically following all events)
- Ensuring weekly duplicate checking in Maximizer and remove all duplicates
- Assisting with preparation and assembly and shipping of marketing/sales materials
Completion of a college diploma or degree in a field related to marketing or promotions or business administration; practical experience with SharePoint, database applications (CRMs), HubSpot Certifications and exposure to Agile business frameworks are an asset.
SSI offers a competitive salary, full benefit package and a profit sharing program. Interested candidates should apply to with a cover letter indicating your salary expectations.
SSI would like to thank those applicants who apply and respectfully inform you that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.